Okay so apparently everyone and their mom has read a Jodi Picoult book.... She has been this really good author whose been around for years... Since previously being "too cool" to read I have been out of the loop, but this girl just joined the game!I picked up My Sister's Keeper from the library as my first Picoult book to read. I figure if it's good enough to be made into a movie it should be a pretty good read. I have not seen the movie yet but I will now that I've finished the book...and I'll be prepared with a box of Kleenex. I'm an easy crier and was unable to stop the waterworks at the end of the book, not to give anything away to anyone who has NOT read it yet, but seriously do you really think in a book about a family dealing with cancer that itn't not going to be a little of a tear-jerker? I'll admit the one thing I didn't like was how each chapter went back and forth between each characters point of view AND at different points in time but overall it was a good book and I was able to read it fairly quickly! Now I gotta get my hands on the movie to compare...
2 comments:
She's my favorite author but all her books are told in that different point-of-view format. I've read every single things she's written and I loved them all. Read The Pact next, or 19 Minutes...those are my favorites. Oh, and PS--the movie version of My Sister's Keeper is TERRIBLE. I don't even know if I would say it's worth watching.
Haha thanks I might just skip the movie, I heard it wasn't nearly as good as the book. I didn't mind so much the different points of view, I did actually like that, it was just the jumping back and forth to different points in time. I will still be trying out another of her books here soon though!
Post a Comment