Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nursery Reveal

I've been meaning to post about the nursery for awhile, it was actually the one thing that was completely ready before Madden arrived!

In deciding what to do for his room, I knew I wanted a nursery that wasn't baby-ish and could grow with him. I also didn't want any theme since I figure as soon as he gets older he'll want sports or jungle or some cartoon theme bedding. Now is my time to have his room anything I want and I wanted more of a color combo theme than anything else. 

Since starting our journey to conceive I've looked at baby bedding, there's not a lot out there that appealed to me for either gender. However after looking at lots of bedding I find the boy bedding I loved early on, by time we finally got pregnant and hit the 20 week mark to find out the gender it was on clearance and being discontinued. I was lucky enough to at least get the bumper, sheets and blanket just in time before it was all gone. So I was able to do the nursery in the color combo I wanted, navy blue and lime green.   


Paper Lanterns - www.paperlanternstore.com, they were very inexpensive, fast shipping and the colors are pretty ideal to what it on the website.
Chair and ottoman - Babies R Us
Crib - Baby Cache Essentials from Babies R Us
Bedding - Target, no longer available

Book Shelves - IKEA, they are actually photo shelves
Dresser - Baby Cache Essentials from Babies R Us

Alphabet Letters - DIY project, bought wooden letters from Michael's and decorated with scrapbook paper.

Valspar Paint Colors - Beige base color: Toasted Almond; top light blue stripe: Mountain Top; green stripe: Tropical Foliage; navy blue stripe: Baritone Blues; medium blue stripe: Summerhouse Blue; brown stripe: Coffee Bean
Lamp - Target
End Table - Walmart
Rug - Walmart


It's my favorite room in the house now. I love being able to sit in the chair either to read, rock to sleep or nurse my lillte man. I find the room and colors to be comforting and relaxing.

1 comment:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love it, the colors go perfectly together!