Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumping Mistake

One of my biggest fears about breastfeeding while going back to work, remember to bring my pump every day.

Today I did remembered my pump. I pump twice a day, once in the mid-morning and again later in the afternoon. However when I went to go pump this morning (an hour later than usual and fully engorged!) I realized I only had one bottle. Not only had I forgot to throw in two more bottles (I like to have 3, an extra for backup) I didn't have any attachments either!!

PUMPING FAIL!

So instead of making the 20 minute drive all the way home to get my missing items then have to drive 20 minutes back, I made a quick run to Target instead. Now I have extra attachments for the future and I finally snagged a hands-free bra for pumping, maybe I can speed up my pumping breaks now :) 

Lesson Learned....Always make sure my bag is packed the night before since mornings can get a little crazy with a little one distracting me!

1 comment:

MaryMargaret said...

Not having all of my supplies is my biggest work-related fear, too. I *think* that I've gotten the routine down, but I managed to lock myself out of the pumping room at work last week! Enjoy the freedom of hands-free pumping- it's fabulous!