As I've mentioned in much earlier posts a few times we had been trying for baby #2 for a while (since MJ was 10 months to be exact) and were hopeful 2015 would be the year. So although we had been trying it was still a very unexpected surprise to actually get a positive pregnancy test after over a year and half!!!
Technically Madden was the first one that found out :) After being a week late, I decided to take a test late Sunday morning on March 1st. Distracted by giving MJ horsey rides all over the house, I didn't look at it right away but we eventually made out way back to check out the results. He was on my back when I looked at it and asked "What's that?" I said "It's a test that says Mommy's going to have a baby". He got a big smile on his face and said "Ohhh!". Then I told him "you're going to be a big brother" and he responded with a "YAY!!" I asked him "Should we go tell daddy?" And he whispered "Yeah".
Technically Madden was the first one that found out :) After being a week late, I decided to take a test late Sunday morning on March 1st. Distracted by giving MJ horsey rides all over the house, I didn't look at it right away but we eventually made out way back to check out the results. He was on my back when I looked at it and asked "What's that?" I said "It's a test that says Mommy's going to have a baby". He got a big smile on his face and said "Ohhh!". Then I told him "you're going to be a big brother" and he responded with a "YAY!!" I asked him "Should we go tell daddy?" And he whispered "Yeah".
We made a quick little note with the test that said From Mommy and Big Bro, put it in an envelope and Madden went and gave it to Dave. He was also a but surprised and shocked. After trying on our own for over a year and half, I really had no desire to to turn to any medications or medical intervention at this point. I wanted to try do a few things on my own to help my body heal itself and balance my own hormones a bit more naturally. Before turning back to acupuncture I decided since I've been using essential oils for the past year, and "there's an oil for everything", I would give it a try for a few months or so.
I started taking doTERRA's LifeLong Vitality vitamins and supplements in January on a daily basis. Then in February started a Fertility Cleanse using the GX Assist, PB Assist, Lemon oil, and ClaryCalm along with the LifeLong Vitality.
I
started taking doTERRA's LifeLong Vitality vitamins and supplements in
January on a daily basis. Then in February started a Fertility Cleanse
using the GX Assist, PB Assist, Lemon oil, and ClaryCalm along with the
LifeLong Vitality. This is what I started off using the first month and then planned on adding Phytoestrogen and Grapefruit oil once I got in the hang of the cleanse and would add the follow month to help if need. Fortunately for us, it only took that first month of the cleanse which again, took me by complete surprise!
We told both our parents together, over at out house. The day of our first doctor's appointment and ultrasound at 8 weeks we invited them both over for dinner. After we ate, Madden came out with his Big Brother t-shirt and superhero cap on to inform them he in fact was going to be a Big Brother! It took a little time for the grandparents to figure it out and catch on but they were all very excited once they realized his shirt was for real! :)
Easter weekend we went over to my brother's for dinner and egg hunting and were finally able to tell the rest of the family the news. It sure is hard keeping secrets!! Steph saw Madden's shirt the second I took of his coat, she's much quicker than everyone else.
We had a little impromptu photoshoot in this little getup!
It was too cute not to use for a public announcement.




1 comment:
Congratulations!
What a cute way to announce!
Post a Comment