I actual meant to make this a post shortly after our announcement. Thankfully Tiffany brought it to my attention that I never did. Thanks Tiff!
No we are not naming our child MJ (although at this point I cannot promise those will not be his/her initials). It's a nickname for baby. We didn't want to call the baby "it" since we don't know yet whether "it" is a boy or girl. So Dave started calling the baby MJ after we found out we were pregnant. Pregnant NOT from a 3rd IUI. Pregnant from our Dominican vacation!! Or all the mamajuana Dave consumed (not to be confused with marijuana!).
Mamajuana is a drink from the Dominican Republic that is concocted by allowing rum, red wine, and honey to soak in a bottle with tree bark and herbs. It's rumored to be an aphrodisiac that the locals say "will give you lots of babies!" Dave made sure he drank a lot of it while on our trip and he brought back a bottle just in case.
Let me clarify that I in no way think that just because we went on vacation that we got pregnant. I don't! I hate the suggestion that "you just need to get away and relax, then it will happen". It doesn't work like that. Everyday stress will not effect your fertility, unless of course it's an extreme case of stress that it is affecting you physically and mentally. In our case, I have very little stress in my life. Yes infertility is stressful and yes it's something I worried about very frequently, but for the first year of us TTC we didn't chart, we didn't temp, we didn't time, we just were.
I do think there were multiple factors that came together all at once that month where everything was perfect. A perfect egg and a perfect sperm that actually (finally) found that egg making a perfect embryo. No missing or extra chromosomes. Perfection. I had the right lining for that perfect little embryo to implant in and make a home for the next 10 months. I also still had Clomid in my system from the month before. Acupuncture! Acupuncture! Acupuncture! My weekly adjustments and acupuncture treatments have been improving my previous imbalances. And I still continue them throughout the first 12 weeks to help sustain this pregnancy.
My due date is August 13th, which is also my grandfather's birthday who recently passed away the month we got pregnant. Coincidence? He may just have had some words with the man upstairs and my due date is a sign someone just might have a guardian angel up there now! I'm just sayin'.
All in all I think it was a combination of all the above I just listed. And I'm thankful we didn't need a 3rd IUI. I'm thankful it happened on a natural cycle, with some additional help.
3 comments:
Keeping you on track!! :) (call my parents baaaaaack!!)
What an awesome story, Brenda! I got pregnant on "unlucky" month number 13 of trying - whatever it takes!! :)
Adrianne
so cute!!! i love this story!! i love that you have an awesome souvenir from that trip too :)
Post a Comment