Today is 10 weeks and now that the word is out I get to write weekly blogs about our little miracle, which I've been waiting to do for almost 3 years now! I never would have thought it would have taken this long... I decided to put the last 6 weeks together in one as a review of what has been happening with both me and baby.
How far along? 10 weeks today
How big is baby?

Baby's now the size of a prune! With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)
Total weight gain/loss: I have a feeling I will be losing track of this number on purpose. I can definitely see how some women gain a lot of weight and foresee this will most likely be the case with how often I am hungry!!
Maternity Clothes: None yet, but because of the bloat pants are getting tighter and uncomfortable especially as the day goes on. I see needing new clothes in my future sooner than later and lots of leggings!
Symptoms: Belly bloat. Exhaustion. Nausea. Stuffy nose (who knew that was part pf pregnancy?). Increased appetite. I seriously go from feeling sick one second to being so hungry if I don't eat at that second I'm going to feel sick again. Needing to eat something every 2-3 hours. I even wake up at night hungry and if I don't eat I either feel sick or cannot go back to sleep. I also have the occasion dry heeve, I swear I'm going go vomit but I never do.
Sleep? Usually wake up 1-3 times a night for the bathroom, I only hate it because it's cold outside those covers. Some nights I can't get back to sleep and will stay awake a good hour or more each time. I've turned into more of a night person, I'm usually able to stay up to 9-10pm no problem but getting up in the morning is another story. I for the life of me cannot get my butt out of bed!!
Best moment this past week: We started telling close friends and my blog readers, seeing how excited everyone else is for us sure is amazing! Also, hearing all the ideas Steph already has about my shower makes me feel pretty damn blessed....and she has already started planning it!!
Movement? Way to early for but I can't wait!
Food Cravings: Carbs to ward off the nausea. An aversion to lettuce. I can eat raw veggies however they definitely are not appetizing. Also the thought of ground hamburger makes me feel sick but a cheeseburger does not! I really haven't craved anything, usually nothing sounds good but my tummy is still hungry.
Gender: No preference, we want both! (But there is just ONE in there). Dave says as long as we get a healthy baby in July/August it doesn't matter which gender baby is! We did check the Chinese calendar which says girl. Dave already tried taking a quiz for me that included 20 questions on old wives tales, it's way to early for those though. He also did a free tarot reading and it said boy. I had a dream the week before our 2nd u/s that MJ was a boy, we saw all the goods right up close. But then just the other night I had another dream we didn't find out ahead of time what we were having and I was in labor in the delivery room with no drugs (thanks Steph!) and baby was all girl then. So really it's up in the air!!!
Labor Signs: Lets hope not till summer!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Absolutely Nothing! That may change but for now I'm content and happy :)
What I am looking forward to: EVERYTHING! Making it to next week
Milestones: Making it past our milestone 6 week marks! Making it to our first AND second ultrasounds, seeing baby and hearing the heartbeat. Also, being released from my RE and graduating back to my obgyn.
6 comments:
OH HOW EXCITING!!!! You guys have definitely been in my prayers and I am so thankful for you!! We'll keep the good vibes coming!!
I always had to eat in the 1st tri, but I was never hungry-- but carbs it was. I never, ever, ever wanted salad (which had been my lunch of choice the previous three months!). I think because it was summer, but I wanted lots of fruit!
Best wishes for the next 30 weeks!! I am excited to hear about all of your milestones!!!
Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah! I love this and look forward to the weekly updates! Glad you are feeling good and hope that continues! Don't let the scale freak you out :) I always make your brother step back and close his eyes at the weigh in!
SO excited to read this and follow along with you on your journey! Are you guys going to find out what you are having? Enjoy yourself and eat whatever you want, it is the one time in your life when you can treat yourself and not worry about it! :)
Thanks Mak!!
Yes we will definitely find out the sex if we can! It's a long enough wait to just that point :) Dave's been pretty disappointed at my lack of cravings, he's really wanting me to crave Whitey's Ice Cream all the time!! LOL!
You'd better warn Dave that he'll probably gain that pregnancy weight along with you! (Tommy did) He was also disappointed when he bought me the biggest jar of pickles you have ever seen and I didn't crave them at all.
I couldn't STAND salad while I was pregnant either...sounds like it's a common trend.
I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!! LOL
Maybe this is a silly question, but why baby MJ? Did I miss something in our convos or the blog posts ! :( Love you and so happy to follow you two on this journey!!
Post a Comment