Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2 Weeks

I now understand how everyone always thinks this time flies by....because it really does. As much as I cannot wait to see Madden meeting all the milestones (getting to one month old, sleeping longer at night, smiling, cooing, etc, etc, etc) every night seems like a lifetime because of the lack of sleep and complete exhaustion, yet these two weeks really have gone by too fast.

This past week we ventured out of the house!

Wednesday Dave, Madden and I went to the mall and Menard's. MJ was perfect and slept the entire time. Thursday I decided to try going out all by myself with just the little guy. I was a bit terrified he would wake up and have a melt down in public. I made sure he was fully fed before leaving the house. He of course fell fast asleep in his car seat and while riding in the car, thank God! We went to Target and then stopped by my work to show him off :)
(The headrests the car seat comes with really doesn't work, don't worry this problem has been fixed....no more floppy head!)

Now that I'm physically feeling much better, we took our first walk with the puppies.
Maddux did awesome by staying at the side of the stroller the entire time, on the other hand Waveland keeps trying to run in front of it to get run over by the stroller.

Holding on to his paci all by himself, which doesn't last long

Hanging with my little man :-)

Love watching him sleep so peacefully

FINALLY got a picture with his eyes fully open!!
I love his pouty little lips.

MJ met his cousins, here he is with Stella who is exactly one month older than him. Amazing what only 4 weeks will bring us!

First real bath


Dear Madden:

Yesterday you turned two weeks old and my how much you have changed already. Your daddy and I were just talking about how we can already tell your growing and filling out. I can definitely tell your head is growing fast, you apparently might have inherited my large head, for that I'm sorry! Although you do have my little button nose, cute dimples and small ears that don't stick out (like your dads do), so you're welcome for those! You for sure have your dad's long skinny chicken legs and arms which makes me think your going to have his ridiculous metabolism too. For that I'm jealous. You also have your daddy's hair and sleeping habits.

We took you to your two week check-up yesterday, sure enough your growing better than expected! Your birth weight was 6lbs 14oz, you left the hospital at 6lbs 6oz and they like to see you at or near your birth weight at this appointment. You surprised us all weighing in at 7lbs 8oz!! Mama is feeding you well! You might only be in the 25th percentile for weight right now but just remember your actual due date is still a week away and your going to pull ahead in no time with the way your eating :)  You've also grown an entire inch in two weeks and currently are 21 inches long, the 80th percentile. And back to that head of yours, it's grown from 34 to 36.9cm for a head circumference, 60th percentile. 

By your numbers anyone can see your breastfeeding like a champ! You eat every 2-3 hours with a few 4 hour periods thrown in there and of course a few every hour ones too. You really love sleeping, more so during the day than at night (can't wait for that to change!). Anytime we try to wake you for feedings it takes a long time for you to wake up. When you do wake up if mommy's boob is not ready for you right away, you sure let me know how unhappy you are with me. You LOVE to stretch!! And yawn. You haven't been a fan of opening up your eyes much, usually its one eye at a time and as soon as you see someone looking at you, you quickly close them again. I call you my little pirate. Your starting to have longer awake periods during the day though, usually a 1-2 hour stretch in the morning and another 1-2 hour stretch in the evening. And each day you open your eyes wider and wider. Since you don't yet smile or coo or show much reaction I think I'm pretty boring to you right now when your awake but the time will come soon when we will start to play. 

Your not that fond of tummy time, although it must be pretty exhausting as it seems like you tend to always fall asleep during it. That, or your just like your daddy and just like to sleep on your stomach. You like to sleep with your hands and arms up near your face. You are one of the noisiest babies I've ever heard. You make lots of noises, whimpers, grunts, and cries all throughout the night. You farted today while in your swing so loud that you woke the dog up! You are a farting machine! You love your car seat and riding in the car, I know this basically because you just sleep the entire time so it must be pretty comfortable. I'm not so sure you like bath time right now but you do like getting your hair washed and massaging shampoo into your scalp just like your mama :)  You're not a fan of getting your diaper or your clothes changed.

You love being held, cuddled and snuggled. And I will happily do all three for the next 8 more weeks I have to spend with you all day long.  

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

A Round of Goff said...

He is just precious!! And I love his name! :) Reading your blog is helping me prepare for our little one! :)