Happy 7 Months My Little Love Bug!!
I just can't get enough of you!!
I want to eat you all up you're just so adorably cute!! (Don't worry I'm not actually going to eat you)
No month has ever gone by as fast as this month did!! Holy smokes kid, where did your 7th month go?!?
Maybe it had something to do with how busy we were this month and how every Saturday you had swimming. I can't believe that's over with already, you officially survived graduated from your first swimming lesson! Neither mommy or daddy dropped you or drowned you, yay us! We both even took you down the water slide a couple times and didn't dunk you under water.
You spent the majority of the entire month battling your first double ear infection. After your 6 month doctor appointment and 12 days of meds we went to your follow-up appt to find you still had an infection in one of your ears. After another round of a different medication you finally got rid of it just in time for your 7 month birthday. Thankfully you didn't get a cold his month though!!
We are pretty sure your second round of medication did not make your tummy feel good. During that 2 weeks you wanted nothing to do with eating solids, even sweet potatoes which you love. The day you were fully off that medication you went right back to eating just fine again, so we are positive that was it.
We introduced you to sweet potatoes (which you love), peas (you despise), oatmeal (you'll eat as long as it's mixed with something you like) and pears (not too sure at first but like them now).
You make the funniest faces when you eat! Especially when its something you hate, like peas. You make the most disgusted face, gag multiple times and act like your going to throw up because your so grossed out by it.....daddy and me think its pretty hilarious. I know, I'm such a mean mommy trying to torture you by continuously feeding you spoonfuls of peas so we can see your face over and over again and laugh ::insert evil laugh now::.
You still love your feet, but now instead of just staring at them you also grab them.
You still love sticking your tongue out and having us pull you up to a standing position makes you laugh and squeal in delight!
You're starting to get really into your baths by kicking your feet and splashing. I put toys in the bath which you try to grab.
You absolutely LOVE your puppies! You are always looking for them and watching them. When you're playing in your jumper and see them, you'll stop to stare then giggle and laugh at them. I think you like Maddux the most, which is ironic because he's the one we watch out for the most around you. You reach out to try to pet them all the time. Neither one of them still aren't too sure about you, they continue to keep their distance from you but as still very interested in sniffing you when you're not looking.
In celebration of you turning 7 months old we meet with friends Saturday night at Jungle Bungle to play. You got to sit in a big boy high chair for the first time...and you loved it! You stayed up at least 3 hours past your bedtime, and fought so hard to stay awake because you didn't want to miss out on any of the fun. And even though you were overly tired, you were such a trooper and still one happy camper. As soon as I took you from your daddy, you buried your head in my neck and passed out in under .05 seconds!
Ohhh how I love your cuddles....its the best feeling in the world.
Oh kid, I sure do like you!
Mornings are my favorite time with you, especially on the weekends. Your daddy always sleeps in so I have you all to myself with lots of time to play with you. Once your done nursing, me and you hang out on the living room floor. I keep the TV off and turn the fireplace on, its cozy and quiet....aside from your sweet little voice chatting up a storm.
I love you more than cupcakes!
XOXOX
Mommy
Age: 7 months
Weight: 18lbs 15 oz
Length: 27 ¾ inches
Size: Wearing 6M- 9M, some 6-12M. Size 3 disposable diapers, medium setting on all cloth diapers.
Hair: Light brown/sandy blonde, his little boy hair has started growing in thicker
Eyes: Baby Blues!
Teeth: Just the two teeth from last month but I swear he's teething right now.
Sleeping: Takes 2-3 naps a day, which last anywhere from 1 -3 hours. Goes down fairly easy for the majority of all his naps and at especially at night. Bedtime is usually around 6:30-7pm. The majority of this month he's been waking up about 3 times during the night but just started getting back to his usually once a night the last week, I'm assuming because his ear infection is actually finally all gone now he's able to sleep better.
Eating: Breastfeeding, usually eating every 3-4.5 hours sometimes longer depending on how naps go. He eats 5 times throughout the day with one feeding still at night. He nurses first thing in the morning between 6:30-7am, takes two 6-6.5oz bottles of breast milk at daycare during the week, nurse as soon as I get home from work at 5:30pm, then a short nurse session right before bed at 6:30/7pm, and nurse once during the night around 1-2:00am. This month in the solid department we added Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, Peas, and Pears.
Movement: Rolling over….NOPE, still not doing it! Still just likes to hang out and roll from one side to the other side, hasn't figured out how to move his arm out of the way. But he is starting to scoot on his back.
Milestones: Graduating from his first swim class. Sitting up unassisted. Celebrated his 1st Valentine’s Day. Reaching to be picked up or to be held by someone. Working on waving bye-bye.
Favorite Toys/Activities: Taggie blankets. Links. Sophie. Really loves his Jumperoo at home now. Still loves laying under the activity mat. LOVES his puppies!
Dislikes: Waiting to nurse when he sees me. Getting dressed, putting anything over your head really ticks him off (although getting undressed makes him giggle).
Words & Sounds: Saying “Mmmmm” All. The. Time! I can hear him laying in his crib in the morning and he sounds like an owl but his "Hoot hoot" is a "Mmm, Mmm". Starting to say consonants and vowels together. Lots of babbling. Lots of giggles. This boy is ticklish around his neck and thighs.
Favorite Moment: I have so many, but I'll kept it at two...
#1While we were at Jungle Bungle the other night (way past your bedtime), you had been awake for way to long and oh so tired. I had you sitting up on my lap and you kept putting your head down on the table then popping it to play more and back down again. You kept leaning further and further over every time you put your head down and found Anna's fur coat which was on the chair right next to us. You ended up loving it, and cuddling right up against it. You buried your head in it and just laid there without moving.
#2 You go crazy in your jumperoo now, I mean you really love. You try your hardest to grab the monkey hanging just out of your reach. The other day, you had been playing in your jumperoo for awhile when you noticed the TV was on. You would stop jumping, lean your head all the way back so you could watch the TV and just hang out that way for minutes on end before jumping again for while and taking another TV timeout break.







1 comment:
Brenda, you are such a beautiful mother. These posts made me tear up. What awesome memories for all three of you and your families--a virtual baby book! I admire you, mama!
Post a Comment