Time is flying by! 16 months already and what a busy month this has been.....
| Blowing kisses |
| Nature watching with the dogs |
No this kid is still not walking at 16 months.
Apparent MJ and Norah (from daycare) are having a contest to see who can stay crawling the longest. I have a feeling by MJ's complete lack of interested in the subject, he'll be the winner.
| Bear crawling |
Instead of walking, his new favorite thing to do is bear crawling or downward dog.
I guess it's a step in the right direction, he's getting his knees up off the ground he just hasn't gotten the memo to stand up straight... but he'll do it on his own time.
| Practicing yoga with mommy, getting our downward dog on! |
- Was in the Farmer's Market Halloween Parade
- Painted his first pumpkin
- Celebrated his second Halloween
- Stayed up to 11:00pm watching the World Series at the Jones' House
- Went to Boo at the Zoo
- Carved his first pumpkin into a doggie, with mommy's help
- Had a Halloween party at daycare
- Went Trick-or-Treating in the pouring rain to both grandparents house
- Got Hand, Foot, and Mouth!
- Had Happy Joe's taco pizza for the first time for mommy's birthday dinner.
- Celebrated mommy's birthday with dinner at Ganzo's with grandpa/grandma Gorsh, uncle Jordan, aunt Steph, cousins Carter and Stella
- Stayed the night at grandparents house so mom and dad could go to a wedding
- Started throwing full on tantrums!
- Celebrated mommy's birthday at Fairyland with grandpa/grandma Dexter
- Had a Mommy/Madden weekend while daddy went to Chicago, only took one nap and helped mommy clean the house
- Had multiple run-ins with the coffee table, kitchen floor and even the doggie :(
- Helped mommy decorate the Christmas tree (yep that's up already!)
- Started helping mommy and daddy Christmas shop and picking out presents.
- Attempted a diy craft for Christmas....didn't turn as planned.
| Pumpkin carving, he really enjoyed throwing the insides all over the floor...good times ;/ |
| I <3 pizza="" taco="">3> |
Weight: 26 pounds plus
Length: 31 inches
Size: Still wearing size 4 diapers and wearing 18 month clothes and some 24 month items.
Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Blue, I don't things these are changing :)
| Lovin' being a bakers kid, licking the spatula! |
Teeth: He had 4 molars come in this month! Last month he got a break with no new teeth and this month he was not so lucky. That bring the total up to 12 teeth. He's still missing those vampire teeth.
Sleeping: We've really lucky and very fortunate to have such a good little sleeper!! I definitely don't take that for granted! This month was just the same. Bedtime is around 7-8pm, some times on weekends he might get to stay up till almost 9pm. He usually sleeps till 6:30am, if he wakes up earlier he's usually always pretty content in his crib and will play with his blankie and paci until I come get him. Even on weekends he'll entertain himself for 30-45 minutes giving me a little extra time to sleep in.
Eating: I think he might be allergic or just really sensitive to blueberries, I've pinpointed he breaks out in a diaper rash every time after he eats them. Which really sucks because he absolutely loves them! It's been a few months since I last bought them but when I did last week his butt sure turned red and had lots of dirty diapers. He's not a huge meat eater. He'll eat chicken nuggets but not chicken breast. He won't eat hamburger by itself unless in a burrito, on pizza, or in hamburger helper type dish. I can't get this kid to eat any vegetables! Unless in the pouches, so it looks like I'm going to have to start buying those in bulk. Although he will eat spinach in his eggs.
| Fave hiding/playing spot, under the kitchen bar stools |
Milestones: Has added lots of new words to his vocabulary. Starting to pay attention to what's on TV now and enjoys laying on the couch, on a pillow while he watches Mickey Mouse or animated movie. Give kisses and hugs and will blow kisses.
Favorite Toys/Activities: Loves to throw just about anything and everything he can get his hands on! Particularly food, bath toys and balls. He doesn't just throw them he whips them really hard across the room. He's got some pretty good aim too! He likes to play with the drain in the bath. Playing in the curtains. His blankie, all blankets and pillows. If one if on the floor he face dives into them and will do a face down snow angle in them. His paci.
Dislikes: Majority of diaper changes. Getting dried off after bath time. Waiting for mommy to make dinner as soon as she walks in the door from work. Sometimes he's not a huge fan of being strapped in his car seat.
Words/Sounds: Says Hello, Hi, Bye, What's That, baby, yeah, yay, wow, wee-hee, all done, uh-oh, apple, mommy, mama, daddy, kitty, boo (to scare you), doggie, puppy, ball, baseball, basketball, nigh-night, did it, mo (more), mik (milk), Mimmy (for Mickey Mouse), nana (banana), tata (tractor), beep beep, vroom, choo choo, take too (thank you), pease (please), ahh-choo (his fake sneeze), ears (cheers), and of course No. He will also roar for a bear or lion, ruff like a dog, and moo like a cow.
Favorite Moments
This is going to be little bit TMI to start but turns out pretty funny, so be warned. Madden has some pretty predictable bowel movements. I've learned to wait to change his diaper and get him dressed until after breakfast right before we leave for daycare in the morning (unless he has a dirty diaper earlier). He doesn't really hid it well either, he has a "poop face" as we call it. Anyways so just the other day he was sitting at the kitchen table in his booster seat eating breakfast. I was getting my lunch packed up and heard him from across the kitchen fill his diaper, I turned around to look at him and said "Woah dude, that was loud!" He just smiled. Then a minute later did it again, I turned back around and looked him. MJ looked over at me, smiled and said "Woah!" Since then, anytime he's had really loud gas or a loud bowel movement, he'll look at me and say "Woah." I just can't help but laugh!
| Word. |
No comments:
Post a Comment