Sunday, November 3, 2013

Losing Pounds & Inches!

It’s been months since I did a photo comparison. I’ve been doing fairly good about keeping track of my measurements, I only missed out on August. I try to remember to take them at the beginning of each month, it doesn’t always happen that way but I’m close.

I haven't taken photos since June! Since then I kept up running the C25K in July and August, did my One Mile a Day Challenge in September, Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 in October, and I recently started using My Fitness Pal app to keep track of my food/calories/activity. That's a lot going on. I'm pretty proud of myself that I've kept myself going for this long. I haven't giving up or quit or taken a break. Working out and making healthier food choices is actually becoming a way of life for me and not just a diet.

I don't let one meal or holiday or potluck day at work or wedding weekend ruin what I have going anymore. Those days are going to happen, it's life. There's going to be days I'm going to indulge or splurge on calories but I make a conscious effort to get back on track the next day (not the next week!).


I've never shared my weight on here, I've always been embarrassed about it and didn't want other people to judge me. But that's going to happen either way and since I share just about everything on here I figure it will help me keep going to show my progress.
May - 172 pounds
June - 161 pounds
November - 151.2 pounds
 
Since May, I've lost 20.8 pounds and 11.25 inches overall.
  
Last week I was going through some of my personal email folders and found a picture I had taken of myself last October. Then I was 12 weeks postpartum. I didn’t have my weight or measurements written down for back then. I have a fairly good idea of what I weighed but I really wish I would have taken measurements. I know I was at a point that I just didn’t want to know what those measurements were. 


12 weeks pp in October 2012 vs. yesterday November 2013
I gained about 40 pounds during pregnancy. I know I had lost 10 lbs immediately from giving birth and another 10 lbs the weeks following, so I would guesstimate at 12 weeks pp I was about 180 pounds (I know your doing the math, yes I broke 200 thanks to pregnancy, poor eating habits and a lack of exercise). That's a 30 pound difference in one year! I've even hit my other fitness goal of losing an additional 10 lbs from my starting pregnancy weight....which means it's time to make a new goal!!!! 
Now my goal is to get my BMI (body mass index) into a the normal weight. Currently I'm still overweight for being 5'5", so in order to be normal I need to hit 149 lbs. However I don't want to be on the borderline because your weight fluctuates so I want to give myself some breathing room. Ideally, I would love to get down to 135 lbs, but my goal is between 140-145 lbs. I know these last 10 lbs are going to be the hardest. There's just not as many to take off anymore and the biggest/best holiday's are just around the corner. I guess that's even more reason to keep on truckin! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go!!! That is so awesome! Keep up the great work. Remember it is one day at a time!