Look who earned his first Spider-Man tattoo for FINALLY peeing on the potty last night!! Whoo-woo
During bath time he kept saying he had to go potty, which I wasn't going to deny him so he kept getting in and out of the tub to go sit on the potty. After a few attempts he farted which was better than nothing so I made a big deal of it since it could eventually lead to more and he got really excited. He ran to tell Dave "Daddy daddy I farted on the potty!" Then proceeded to sit back on the potty about 10 more times to fart each time, get off and run and tell Dave that he farted each time on the potty again.
Eventually he got back in the tub so we could finish his bath. As the water was draining out of the tub and he was picking up his toys he started peeing and immediately stopped it and grabbed his junk. I told him you have to do that in the potty, so we quickly made our way back to the potty to sit. He of course didn't want to go then so I wrapped a towel around him and was able to distract him with his Spider-Man action figure for a bit and we talked about all his friends who do pee on the potty already. After a few minutes he started going!! Granted none of it made it in the toilet but lucky he had a towel on him do he actually peed into the towel. He said "Uh-oh Mommy", I told him "It doesn't matter you're peeing on the potty!" We all celebrated and he got to pick out a tattoo and where he wanted it placed. He was so extremely excited and I am so proud of him! Now let's hope we can do it again :)

2 comments:
Woohoo!!! What a great start! I love the fact you celebrated the farts too! (I'm sure I did too at one point. lol)
I absolutely love that he was proud of his little toots! We are potty-training too, and my son has to call me at work EVERY.SINGLE.TIME he goes potty. Oh, the joys of the potty. :)
Post a Comment