Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring is in the Air!

The last week we has finally had some amazing weather in the Midwest!
And by amazing I mean at least 40 degrees, even a few 60 degree days. It's been heaven and I've realized how claustrophobic feeling we have been getting the past few weeks. 


Last week Madden and I got out of the house for our first walk of the season with the puppies.
MJ chatted up a storm the entire way with so much excitement at literally everything. He saw a bird and would yell "Hi bird!" He would see a squirrel running and yell "Mom look! What's that?"

We had what I hope is our last snowball fight till next winter. 
MJ grabbed his garden shovel and started wackin at the snow to get some snow loose. Then turned around and started running at me, thinking it was hilarious. :)


We started swimming this month at the YMCA just on Saturday mornings. He's a littler leery getting in the deeper 3ft water but does great when both Dave and I are in the pool. He absolutely loved the shallow area and is obsessed with the slide. 


Saturday we went to the St. Patrick's Day parade downtown. MJ got loaded up with necklace beads which he has been obsessed with the last two days. Elsa and Ana made an appearance in the parade which made MJ's day. 

Yesterday we walked to the park to run around the baseball fields and burn some energy at the playground. Madden literally ran nonstop circles around the play area for an hour. That and the fresh air I thought for sure he would crash when we got home, but no, no nap Sunday happened. Thankfully he stayed in a great mood all day. It was so fun watching how happy he was to be outside. I can already forecast he is going to want to spend every second outside this summer and some wonderful meltdowns in our future. Either way, bring on the fun AND sun!

No comments: