I was first introduced to the world of essential oils about a year and a half ago when my friend Tera begged me to accompany her to a class a friend of hers was teaching. I barely knew anything about essential oils and wasn't really interested in whatever they were. However Tera was in the middle of going to school for message therapy and she was interested in learning how she might be able to incorporate essential oils into her practice once she graduated so I decided to go with to support her.
When I first arrived at the class I was asked to write down my 3 top help concerns or interested. Mine included Weight Management, Fertility, and natural cleaning which I really didn't think they would be able to help me with the first two. I was then handed the Modern Essentials book which I immediately look up my concerns and found there are oils for that! I started looking up and condition or concern or ailment I would think of and could not put the book down. Once the class was over I was both skeptical and intrigued.
I felt the class wanting to do my own research since this was my first encounter of essential oils. My friend bought me the Modern Essentials book for that Christmas since I loved reading it so much, I ended up buying one or two oils here or there throughout the next 6 months or so and attending a few online classes to learn more. I slowly began with OnGuard, Lemon, Oregano, and Peppermint. My curiosity continued to grow....
I started to use my oils on a regular and daily basis in August and noticed a HUGE difference immediately at the start of cold and flu season!
Last year Madden brought home every single cold that was going around daycare and I got every one of them from him. We both were sick every month and each cold would last 2 weeks. We just couldn't catch a break. This year, with using our oils we have yet to get a full fledged cold! MJ of course still gets a runny nose, cough and congestion. At the first signs of any symptoms we increase our oil usage/applications and get the diffuser going, especially at night. It seems to help keep the sickness from getting worse and recover faster.
This has made me a firm believer that essential oils work and is the reason we have been so much healthier this year. And is why I want to share them with others.
I started to use my oils on a regular and daily basis in August and noticed a HUGE difference immediately at the start of cold and flu season!
Last year Madden brought home every single cold that was going around daycare and I got every one of them from him. We both were sick every month and each cold would last 2 weeks. We just couldn't catch a break. This year, with using our oils we have yet to get a full fledged cold! MJ of course still gets a runny nose, cough and congestion. At the first signs of any symptoms we increase our oil usage/applications and get the diffuser going, especially at night. It seems to help keep the sickness from getting worse and recover faster.
This has made me a firm believer that essential oils work and is the reason we have been so much healthier this year. And is why I want to share them with others.
Last month I took advantage of the New Year New You promotion and finally signed up for a wholesale membership. Tera and I hosted are first oil event at my house with some of our friends. I love sharing the benefits my family and I have had with doTERRA essential oils with my friends and family in hopes to help empower others know they have natural options for their health and wellness. I started taking the LifeLong Vitality Supplements last month and started a fertility cleanse that I will write about soon.
Dave even has been slowly using the oils on his own. He use to always ask me, "Do you have an oil for..." His favorite oil is Deep Blue which he asks me to apply to his lower back after a long day at work or a few hours of shoveling after a big snow storm. For Valentine's Day along with a Chicago Cubs shirt Dave got the Deep Blue rub which is a bit easier for him it use on his own when I'm not around. I love sharing the OnGuard toothpaste samples with friends or as a Thank You you coming to a class. I didn't think I would like the toothpaste since I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon as a gum or breath freshener but I really like this toothpaste.
Essential oils are so easy to use that even a 2 year old can use them!
Madden will roll on his oils on his own feet every morning. He even tried to put them on the feet of his stuffed animals or "guys" aka Spiderman and Buzz. He loves turning on the diffuser and smelling the oils. I didn't get a diffuser for a long time because I didn't think we need it and using the oils topically would work. I just bought this diffuser off Amazon the beginning of December and to my surprise use it almost daily!! I highly recommend a diffuser now to everyone and plan to purchase one for each bedroom, the living area, and for at work.




No comments:
Post a Comment