Maternity clothes: Just broke out the BellyBand today for some extra snug work pants and have been wearing maternity fleece leggings but so far that has been it, although I know that will be changing probably in the next week here.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Sleep has been quite a bit better! Still waking up a few times a night for a quick bathroom run but typically have been
easily able to fall back to sleep.
Weight: +7 lbs total
Exercise: This pregnancy I've decided I want to be much healthier and more conscious than my pregnancy with MJ. Not that I was horrible or anything but if possible I would rather not gain 40 lbs this time around. I would ideally love to target 25-30 lbs. With that, my goal is to keep up with using my FitBit and hitting 10K+ steps everyday and to keep healthier eating habits. Now that the majority of my nausea is gone and I don't feel the need to eat ALL THE CARBS for half the day, I think I can start making better choices. Up until early last week when I got a stomach bug I was on a 35 day streak of having at least 10,000 steps or more every day but I'm back on track and determined to keep it up! I also want to start incorporating weights back into my exercise routine again so back to lunch dates at the gym we go.
Baby Update: At 14 week appointment baby was
measuring on track and heartbeat was 158 bpm. S/he was very wiggly while
listening with the Doppler and even gave us a couple kicks to hear.
Best Moment this Week: Second Trimester and hearing baby
again! Celebrating Mother’s Day.
Miss Anything: Starting to feel much better, no
not missing anything anymore :)
Movement: Slight movement, but not regular
or strong enough quite yet. Every so often I feel some pressure or rolling/nudging
up against my abdomen for a few seconds. No real flutters or kicks just yet and it's not every day.
Food cravings: None yet. Definitely not craving
chocolate or sweets, I still have an entire bag of Cadbury mini eggs
from Easter that haven’t even appealed to me. The only reason they are even
open is because Madden saw them and begged for some eggs.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Thankfully it seems the majority
of nausea has left, the only time I have really felt any is occasionally first thing in the
morning between 3:00am – 7:00am depending on what time I wake up.
Gender: I’m still torn. Love the idea of
not knowing and being surprised at the end but then again really look
forward to finding out so know if we are changing or keeping MJ’s nursery the
same, coming up with baby names (which we haven’t even really begun to discuss),
preparing MJ if he’s having a brother/sister, and buying a new wardrobe or
breaking out the old one from storage. Big Appointment isn't until June 25th.
Labor Signs: N/A
Symptoms: Of course as soon as I made this statement
last update…“I’ve come to the conclusion this baby already doesn't like
work as I typically have minimal nausea on the weekends but pretty much every
morning during the week.” …baby decided to prove me wrong and I got sick that
Saturday morning! Thankfully it seems that has been the end of the majority of
my nausea so far and hoping it stays that way, aside from having a 24 hour
stomach bug earlier last week anyways. Still having lower back pain,
particularly when I bend over or have been laying on my back and try to sit up
or get out of bed. The other day while walking on the treadmill I started having sharp pains shooting down my lower back through my butt which made it extremely uncomfortable to walk even at a slow pace. It only lasted about 10 minutes but then happened again after I got off the treadmill until shortly after I returned to work. I immediately saw my chiro yesterday in hopes to help get straightened out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: With the nausea subsiding, I am
feeling much better :)



No comments:
Post a Comment