Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Harper's Nursery

When decorating Madden's nursery I had previous mentioned how I didn't want his nursery to be too baby-ish, that wasn't a throw up of baby blue everywhere and something he could grow with him. Once we found out baby #2 was a girl and ended up deciding to move Madden out of his room into a big boy room, I wanted the same thing for baby girls nursery.  I figured she would be getting enough pink clothing that she didn't the baby pink room but still wanted something girly but didn't scream "baby" everywhere. So we went with a coral, teal and navy blue color scheme! 


We kept the stripes from MJ's nursery but just repainted all but the navy stripe a different color. 


We kept the majority of all the furniture and shelves in the room. All we needed was some new decor in the color scheme, bedding, curtains and a couple DIY projects. 


The 'Be Unique' sign - Hobby Lobby
Coral pendant banner - Oriental Trading Company
Lamp - repainted from MJ's nursery 
Frames - already had, just repainted with wall color paint
Arrows - Hobby Lobby painted with left over wall color paint
Hair bow holder - DIY Pinterest project


Poms - Oriental Trading Company
Curtains - Bed Bath and Beyond
Teal Throw - TX Maxx
Teal Lamp - Already owned, recovered with fabric
Crib Bedding - Pottery Barn
Rug - 2 small rugs from Bed Bath and Beyond I sewed together
'Dream' pillow - TX Max


Madden has been a great little helper getting his baby sisters room together and he loves to take his toys into her room to play on the floor. 


I was actually a bit nervous on the how the color combo would turn out but I am very pleased on the outcome!

1 comment:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see her in it!