This little lady is THREE months old!
Age: Three Months Old
Weight: At two month appt was 11 lbs 4.5 oz, currently in the 63 percentile
Length: At two month appt was 22 3/4 inches long, currently in the 64 percentile
Size: She is currently filling out all her 3 months clothes and pajamas pretty nicely. She fits perfectly in them right now which means they won’t be fitting her too much longer. We have a couple 3-6 month pjs in the mix but they are a bit big. Size 1 diapers but those I see moving up from too very
soon.
Hair: She has lost a ton of hair compared to when she was a newborn! I didn’t realize the difference until just recently comparing picture, it’s so sad. But she still has some at least, its thinned out and lighted up. It is a light/medium brown and she has a beautiful bald spot/halo going on around the back of her head. Dave tries to blame it on the all the bows but it’s in the middle of her head and they go much lower. He just doesn’t understand accessories! I still see come waves forming right around that bald spot when her hair is wet or after sleeping.
Eyes: Blue is coming through!
Health: Her cough that she’s had seems to have disappeared and the cold I thought that might have been brewing, thankfully never amounted to anything. She just started daycare this past week so I’m sure her first cold will be coming soon unfortunately, darn germs.
Teeth: Nothing yet.
Sleeping: Little lady is still a cat napper BUT her night time sleep has been amazing!! She definitely prefers to catnap throughout the day and of course typically always wakes up as soon as put her down. Occasionally we will get a nap longer than 20-30 minutes. I have found she loves a head blanket, meaning snuggling with a small blankie against or over her face to help block out the world. She will take longer naps if she has one. I only will do that if she sleeps in her bouncer where I can see her moving at all times. Madden was the same way! This month she has definitely gotten her night sleeping down much better. Typically bedtime was 8pm but have been moving it up since going back to work. We now start our bedtime ritual around 7pm. She is getting better feeding at this time, sometimes will still fight eating but really had calmed down during eating unless she is extremely overly tired. It usually takes about a half hour to an hour before she is finally out for the count, one of us usually have to go back in her room 2 or 3 times to bounce her and put her back in her crib. She usually only gets up ONCE (everyone once a while twice) a night now and sleeps until I wake her at 6:40am – ish. She loves to sleep in. On weekends she will sleep till 9-9:30am!! Over the past week and half there have been 5 nights she has slept the ENTIRE night through, 10-12 hours straight!!! The first couple times I still woke up and ended getting up to pump. But since back at work I try to get in a workout before work so I get up at 4:50am and pump a little before my workout.
Eating: Her first week to daycare and she decided to start the week off refusing to eat from a bottle! The first two days Rachel struggled to get her to drink 3 ounces all day. On Monday she finally drank an additional 3 ounces at 4:30pm and on Tuesday it took her till 3:30pm. Then finally on Wednesday she must have given in and took down two bottles no problem. Typically Harper has been eating about every 3-4 hours during the day. Her night time feeding at bedtime has gotten a bit easier just the past week or so.
Movement: She’s got some good head control going on and actually puts a lot of weight on her legs when I stand her up. She is starting to wiggle around when laying down that she’s not always in the same spot I put her down. She’s moved an entire 90 degree angle on the floor and just lately I have started finding her against the crib rails after putting her in the middle of her bed. And she just started pushing herself up more during tummy time.
Milestones: Finding her hands and eating/sucking them. Sleeping through the night! Moving around on the floor and pushing up during tummy time. Staying awake in the car AND being context.
Favorite Toys/Activities: Her bouncer, eating her hands, sticking her tongue out, baths, watching TV (particularly Bravo), blowing spit bubbles, being held, watching her brother, and diaper changes.
Dislikes: Being alone, she really prefers to have people close by and paying attention to her but is getting more and more content. Naps, she loves fighting naps and catnapping throughout the day.
Words: N/A
Sounds: Squawks, cries, cooing and "talking" to people
Favorite Moments
- Madden was super excited to have Harper FINALLY start daycare with him! He was in charge of showing her Rachel’s house, making sure to help when she cries, get diapers when she needs to be changed, remembering to play with her, showing her all the toys, and having her meet all his friends. He took his job very seriously and was very adamant about showing her all the toys and play room as soon as I dropped them off and was yelling at Rachel to “bring my baby down here” while other parents were dropping off.
- Of course my favorite moment is Harper sleeping through the night!! The first couple times I still woke up at 3 or 4am to check on her and pump. But I am super proud of her for giving me a couple nights break and would love for her to keep it up although only having to get up once night with her is still okay at only 3 months old. It typically doesn't take her very long to fall back to sleep and I am able to put her down in her crib without her waking. This is the only time that if she does wake up a little when I put her down that she usually makes some noise but will fall back to sleep on her own. That is the main problem we have with naps that as soon as she is set down she wakes up and refuses to go back to sleep on her own. We're working on it!
Monthly Highlights
- Starting daycare!
- Occasionally will take a 3-4 hour afternoon nap
- Sleeping through the night a handful of times
- Spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Gorsh while Mommy and Madden had a date to the movies
- Daddy had both kids by himself for the first time (for only 3 hours)
- Started refusing to take a bottle
- Took a 3 hour nap at daycare one afternoon
- Went to Happy Joe’s Jungle Bungle for a lunch date with Grandma and Grandpa Dexter
- Found her hands and loves sucking them
- Started perfecting her lip out and quiver
- Stays awake and content in her car seat on the way to daycare each morning
- Went to Monkey Joe's for a daycare playdate and got to meet all her future friends.
- Still breastfeeding








No comments:
Post a Comment