Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Dance Night

This past weekend Madden and I had a little date night to the Annual Mother/Son Formal at the River Center while Daddy and Harper got to spend some one-on-one time. This was out 2nd year going to the event, here is a last years. 


Madden was excited to go, he couldn't wait to see his buddies Jackson and Brooks. He even practiced dancing with me earlier in the afternoon, he really liked me picking him up and spinning around with him. He kept saying "daddy look at me, we're dancing!" 


My cute little date. 

We really liked the set-up at the venue this year, the food was good and the mini cupcakes were delicious. I was a bit disappointed there weren't more crafts for the kids to do like last year and they didn't have balloons out on the dance floor this year either. The littler ones really had a blast with the balloons last year and helped get them out on the dance floor and loosen up.d


Unfortunately as soon as dinner was over MJ was no longer a fan. He told me "Mommy I don't like this place I want to go home." I asked him why he didn't like it and he said it was because it was too loud!  I really had to beg and bribe him into staying and even dancing with me. Luckily I got a good 4 solid songs out of him, three of which were slow songs. He wanted me to hold him and we twirled around the dance floor. Even though it didn't last long it was still sweet and we had a good time. He told me he was tired and wanted to go home to bed so we took off early.


Then of course the next day in the car on our way to daycare he hold me he wanted to go the dance. Maybe next year he'll be more into it and want to stick around longer :)

No comments: