Thursday, May 26, 2016

Brother Bear



THIS kid has now been a big brother for half a year.


And he's taken his new role like a champ! 
I am still waiting for something to happen, like throwing a giant tantrum while I'm feeding her or asking when she's going back. But he seriously loves this little girl more than words can say and you can see it everyday in his actions and how he talks to her. 

He loves to climb in her crib when she waits up first thing in the morning. But tells me "Baby don't watch" when he climbs out of her crib all because of the one time I told him, "Someday when she gets bigger you don't want her to see you do that otherwise she's going to try to climb out of her crib" as I winked at him. He took it pretty seriously, ha ha.  He wants to be the first one in her room to wake her up from naps. He turns her light on for her and says "Good morning pretty girl" 


At night when I go to put her to bed he insists on saying goodnight then giving her hugs and kisses beforehand or he'll get upset. If I leave her side lamp on while I feed her he'll come in to turn it off and shut her door. 


He's her biggest cheerleader.
Always wanted to show her how to do tummy time. 
Cheering and clapping when she first rolled over and yelling at daddy to watch her.



A great entertainer. 
Gives her toys to play with and shows her how to play with his. Pretends to have parties with her or builds her a house to play on. Shows her how to play under her play mat, use her walker or bounce in her jumperoo.
 He is always telling me “I want baby to watch me do XYZ”


He smothers her in kisses all.day.long.
Even daycare told me he gives her kisses at every diaper change, when she wakes from naps and every time he passes by her. He makes sure every one know she is his baby sister, not to be mistaken by any of the other babies there. :)


A wonderful caretaker.
He loves to give her raspberries on her belly.
The best Shhh-hh’er when she cries.
Will clean up her spit up.
 Always willing to throw away dirty diapers.


Now that Harper is in her highchair Madden insists on sitting next to her at the table and constantly moves her chair so it's touching his. 
He enjoys feeding her and showing her how big boys eat all their dinner. 
He wants to help make her smile for her monthly pictures then insist on sitting next to her for them.


She must only take baths with him and rarely wants to shower or take a bath by himself now. 
Likes to read or show her books. 
Is willing to share his iPad time with her.

Names Madden call Harper:
Sister, baby girl, sweet girl, sweetie pie, cootie (cutie), cootie girl, baby, my baby, Harpie.
*
*
*
I sure hope they always have this relationship and he continues to love her this much forever, though I know there will be times it will change and waiver, until then I will document the hell out of all this smothering of love and affection. 

No comments: