Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall Fun


We spent the weekend carving up some pumpkins!


I really didn't think Mr. Doesn't Like His Hands Dirty would help much in the cleaning out department. And at first he didn't want anything to do with those pumpkin guts, he wouldn't even touch them! But after a few minutes he happily helped scoopin' the insides out.

He thought it was quite entertaining to see how stringy the inside of the pumpkins were and kept yelling for daddy to see what he was pulling out with this scoop.
I even got him to use his hands to pull out the seeds, your best tools are your hands!


We met Miss Ariel aka Violet at the local Hy-Vee down the street for Trick-or-Treat at the grocery store. It was a nice, non-chaotic way to start off the candy collecting :)

The last couple years we've gone to Dave's parents church for Trunk or Treat, unfortunately this year it fell on the same night as Madden's school's Trunk or Treat. He really wanted to go to his schools and to see his friends dressed up. It was a tough decision but we want to keep associating these fun activities with school since he's finally excited about school and getting all adjusted at his new place.

Batman was super excited to show off his costume to this teachers and say Hi to his friends. Miss Pink Flamingo was not that impressed quite yet. 
Trunk or Treat was a success, there was a huge turnout and he has a lot of fun....except for giant spider part. A could of his teachers had a van and were passing out candy. In the back of their trunk was a huge mechanical spider, it has just jumped out at someone when we came up to the van so I thought he has seen it move. After he said hi to his teachers and got his candy I told ask him if he wanted to go up to see the giant spider, I think he was actually going to maybe touch it, and of course as soon as he got right up to it... that little devil jumped. Scaring the living daylights out of MJ which of course made him completely embarrassed which made him cry. Mother of the year right here.  
Surprisingly Harper did not get scared by all the masks and costumes like I thought she might. So here's hoping that continues through Halloween....and even Christmas now that I think of it. 

No comments: