We ended the weekend with our yearly trip to the Pumpkin Patch.
Madden has been asking for the past two weeks about going, thanks to preschool talking about Fall activities and some of his classmates having already gone. So I promised him we would go over the weekend.
![]() |
| Best shot I could get, who are they smiling at?!? I mean at least I got MJ smiling even if it's not at me. |
The weather turned out amazing! You never know what you're going to get this time of year in the Midwest, I mean I had to cave just a few days ago to turn the heat on in the AM to warm the house up and in the same week turn the air on. It turned out to be warmer than expected at the patch, a sweaty near 80 degrees. Some of us we're a bit overly dressed, thanks mother nature.
Harper wasn't too sure about the size of these pumpkins.
My little cowboy!
Turns out Madden is quite the little calf wrangler. He caught on really fast, he caught the calf on his second try and even a few more times after that. He was really excited about it.
Pumpkin Patch Princess and her Scarecrow
MJ was a very picky pumpkin picker this year. He didn't like any of the good looking pumpkins and kept going after the ones with holes in them. He was pouty that he couldn't find one he liked. Then he spotted "the one" all the way at the end of the patch all by itself was the one he wanted. It of course was discolored, lopsided with a hole but that was the one!
(Dave ended up trading it one we got back in from the patch and he has yet to even notice)
![]() |
| The picture perfect pumpkin for Harper! |
Pumpkin painting








No comments:
Post a Comment