Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The J-O-B Hunt

OK, so I'm a bit frustrated so here we go!

It seems like every week at my current job we have something new that changes, whether it is for the better or for worse. However, for the last 5 months it mainly has been for the worse! Now I use to love my job, my first year here was absolutely great! I was so happy. I loved what I did, I loved the people I work with, I loved my manager, and I love the atmosphere of the work environment. We were able to goof around and have fun all while getting all our work done and meeting all of our goals. OHH how I am starting to dislike change! My company has gone through a complete 180 in the last 7 months. I'm not going to blame any one person for the things that have been happening, it's not just one person's fault. But it is very hard to love, let alone like, what you do when 70% of the people you work with don't even know what they are doing. Every week my fellow co-workers and I are called in my managers office to discuss that weeks changes and frustrations because of those changes. You can only go through so many changes until it starts driving you up a wall! So here I am, at the very TOP of that wall and it doesn't look like I am coming down anytime soon.

Yes I know, I should be thankful I have a job. And trust me I am!! I thank God every day that I have a full-time job, that I have the husband I do, that I have my awesome family and wonder friends, my two adorable puppies, the amazing house we just built and moved into, and the things we have to furnish it. I AM THANKFUL! But stress adds up and here I am, letting off some steam.

So what got me to the point I am at right now? What was it that I just had to write about ......Job Hunting! Now I have complained about my job, now let me complain about trying to find a new job. I began this hunt for a new job at the beginning of February. I am currently getting my Master degree in Health Education so of course I would ideally love to get my foot in the Health Care Industry door to start my career and begin the actual career path that I want. Let me tell you job hunting SUCKS! Of course many people know this right now, as our economy sucks and unemployment is the highest its been in a very long time. So here I am competing with hundreds of other people also looking for a job and some who are in fact unemployed. I have been stalking the local hospitals websites for the last 6 months applying for every single job I am qualified for, some I am over qualified for and some I am under qualified for. I have applied for full-time, part-time and casual positions. I've applied for first, second, and third shift, even weekends, and rotating shifts. Internships and student positions. I figure maybe Human Resources will see my resume for all these positions and finally get tired of seeing it and bring me in for an interview OR either see my persistence and finally give in. But NO! Not a Word! Not a Peep! Nothing! ............................And now I am starting to loose hope. I'm mad, I'm tired and I am for sure frustrated! And I know I am not the only one in this boat.

So for now, I will go back to this job that I currently hate and try to work and do my best because I do need this job and I am thankful that I have one. And I will keep hoping that someday, I will find that job that God is holding out for me to begin my Health Care Career!

Note to God: Please let it happen sooner rather than later!

Peace Out!

No comments: