Monday, August 10, 2009

Moving Weekend

Well we moved!! I've neglected my blog but I've had good reason. For one, I've been on vacation since last Tuesday. Second, I haven't had Internet access, and third we've been moving and unpacking. Last week was a very busy week! All of our belongings that were in storage got delivered on Tuesday morning which took a few hours to unload and then it took the rest of the week to unpack. We ended up decided on getting the sod laid so they came on Monday to do the final grade and then all day Tuesday they laid the sod. The doggies have grass and we have a beautiful lawn. It has been quite an adjustment for the dogs. They didn't get any naps the first 3 days because there was so much going on and always people coming in and out delivery things or working on something. For the first four days they followed us everywhere and wouldn't let us out of either of their sights. They kept running to the front door thinking it was time to go and would just give us that look like "umm so when are we going home?" It was so cute, but now they are loving all the space. They run circles around the living room and in the basement playing and chasing each other, it's hilarious!!! Yesterday the deck stairs were finally installed since last week they were rained out, bad for the deck good for the lawn :)~ Since we don't have our Internet hooked up yet at the house, I can't upload any pictures but I will as soon as I can.

Saturday night I held my first dinner party! My college roommates came to town. Tiffany just flew back from South America, which she has been there for 3 months! And Lindsay came down from Des Moines to spend the evening with us. I was a little rusting cooking since it had been over 4 months since I'd cooked anything but I made fresh salsa from the garden, chicken brushetta, potatoes, strawberry romaine salad, and red velvet cake balls. It was delicious! It was so great being back together with them and getting to spend some time with them. IF only it could happen more often!

No comments: