Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why I love September

Reasons why I love September:
  • Fall is right around the corner
  • Every Saturday morning all those young and old, are waking up at the crack of dawn all across the state of Iowa and making their way to Iowa City
  • That feeling you get when you take that first deep breath of the cool crisp Fall air
  • The flood of Black & Gold
  • The sound of those first few beer cans opening up at 7:00am
  • Thousands of Hawkeye fans swarming Melrose Ave. and Olive Court
  • The smell of the grill and all the amazing food
  • Wearing mittens and sweatshirts in the morning and being in a tank top by noon
  • Tailgating with friends, family and fans

All this can only mean one thing, it's that time again.... Iowa Football Season!!!!!!!

This Saturday is the official kickoff of the Iowa Hawkeye Football Season. Iowa will take on the University of Northern Iowa at Kinnick. And although I went to UNI, I will cheer them on, but my heart will be with Iowa. Iowa City will be celebrating with FRYFEST and the official unveiling of Hayden Fry Way with a number of activities throughout the weekend. I am definitely looking forward to this years tailgating season. Go Hawks!

No comments: