Saturday, April 2, 2011

There's hope yet...

I might just have a maternal instinct after all!!

Okay so not that I ever thought I didn't have one, it's just that when your never around babies, at least for not very long, you don't know what the hell your doing!! When your friends and family members have babies your always able to just pass them back to the parents as soon they start crying, fussing or need changing. I haven't changes a diaper since I babysat in high school nor spend more than an hour actually taking care of an infant since then. So yes I am quite out of practice.

We went over to Chad and Kelsey's last night to visit them and Mr. Jackson, JJ as Dave calls him, since it we haven't seen him since his first day of life. That was 4 weeks ago already! He's gotten a little bigger but still so tiny and so adorable. I tried feeding him, but of course the entire time he just chewed on the nipple looking cute and didn't drink one tiny bit, he apparently needed his mother touch for that one. But I did get him to sleep.....like out cold sleep!

Now whether or not he stayed asleep once we left is another story. Dave was pretty proud of me. So there's hope yet for when (God willing) we finally have babies, ha ha :)

3 comments:

The Gorsh House said...

Of course you are going to make a outstanding mother. It really is amazing how your maternal instinct takes over when you become a mom. If I can do it anyone can :)
SOOO what does the ha ha :) mean?????

Brenda said...

your always going to look for secret little meanings aren't you?! ;)

The Gorsh House said...

Of course I am! I am pretty good at picking up on things too :)