This cycle I decided to do another round of Clomid before we move onto the next step which is Clomid with an IUI known as intra-uterine insemination (more on that later). I just wasn't ready for that yet! I thought my Dr would just switch medications or something, plus it would have only given up 2 weeks to mentally prepare...I need more time than that. I just never thought we would get to that point and hopefully we still won't have too...hopefully this month is our month...
Since I choose to try another cycle on Clomid my Dr decided to monitor me this time around, which just means that I would go in for an ultrasound around cd 12 to check out the follicle growth and uterine lining (clomid can thin the uterine lining and make it harder for an embryo to implant, the downside of "the miracle drug") and then I will have the regular follow-up appt around cd 28 again to make sure there's no over stimulation.
I went in yesterday for my U/S and saw 4 mature follicles!!! Two in my right ovary and two in the left.
Quick, Time for an Anatomy lesson for those unfamiliar with "how things work". An ovarian follicle is found in the ovary where immature eggs mature, leading to ovulation and either pregnancy or menstruation. The immature eggs begin a cycle of growth and released typically on a monthly basis. In a normal (unmedicated) menstrual cycle, over a dozen eggs begin the growth process, but one, called the dominant follicle, matures faster in one of the ovaries and is released through ovulation. After ovulation occurs, those ovarian follicles that have partially grown are usually reabsorbed by the body.
So I have 4 dominant follicles all gearing up for ovulation!! YEAH! I know what your thinking, "You're going to release 4 eggs?", no not necessarily, not all dominant follicles ovulate and of those that do, not all are sufficiently high quality to result in pregnancy. So that doesn't necessarily mean all four follicles will release an eggo, and if all four did that doesn't mean all four are high enough quality to result in pregnancy. However this does mean I am definitely responding to Clomid and we just need one of those babies to, well become a baby...or two ;)!!
So let's go my little mature/dominate follicles, release those eggos so we can get preggo!!!!
3 comments:
This is your month Brenda! This all sounds like great news and once again your positive attitude amazes me! I hope you and Dave have great news to celebrate on your 3rd wedding anniversary. I love you guys and I am sending positive BFP vibes and prayers! Carter wants another cousin :)
Loved reading this Brenda, awesome news! You have lots of fingers crossed for you and as always prayers headed your way! We are always thinking of you!! :)
Thank you ladies! Trying to stay positive, it's hard but better then the alternative :) We definitely want to give Carter a cousin too!!!!!
Post a Comment