I lucked out, it wasn't as painful as anticipated!
I was told to take 800mg of Ibuprofen an hour before the procedure, then they give me a local anesthesia in my cervix and was told to take another 800mg of Ibuprofen once I got home. That might have helped :) After everything was set up and I got in the OR, the procedure itself literally took 10 minutes. I could feel the dye contrast filling up my lady bits and was able to watch on the screen as the dye contrast went through the fallopian tubes. The dye contrast did have some trouble getting through the right tube which was pretty painful but it did make it's way through, just not as easily as it went through on the left.
Dr.F is not worried about it though since it did make its way through so it is open. He said if we would go in for surgery to check there would only be a 30% chance they would find something and again it did make its way through. After the procedure I felt totally fine, no pain, no cramping, no affects by the anesthesia, only spotting. I felt perfectly okay to drive myself home and even few errands. I did start to get some mild cramping and bloating about an hour and a half afterwards which lasted the remainder of the night and slightly off and on today.
Hopefully the HSG helped clean my right tube out a bit more! Since everything is open we will be staying on schedule as planned: this cycle will remain al-natural, will try on our own, get P4 tested again, then if no BFP next cycle we will start medication again and try our first IUI!
Let's all say a little prayer the HSG really DOES increase fertility the few months afterwards and help us out a bit more!!!!!!!!! Come on little swimmers, get through those open tubes and find that egg! ;)
2 comments:
I'm so glad it went well. Mine was excrutiating!! I'm not sure why either, since my tubes were mostly clear. Hopefully it did the trick of "flushing" them out!! Continuing to pray for you!!!
Swim little Dexter's SWIM! :)
Post a Comment