Up next the hysterosalpingogram aka HSG test!!
The HSG is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile). A dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and fertilizing an egg. A HSG also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall.
Scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
I've gotten mixed reviews on the procedure from other girls on how painful it, from just being uncomfortable to comparable to labor pains....sooo I guess we'll just have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best we'll see what the outcome is Thursday. I'll be given a local anesthesia and the procedure itself it fairly quick.
Let's all say a little prayer it's NOT comparable to labor for me, I'd really appreciate it :)
2 comments:
good luck tomorrow!! i had an hsg a year ago and i am on the positive side of the spectrum...it was over very quickly and only had about a minute of a "hot pinch" and then it was over!
saying lots of prayers for u!
Thank you! Wow I hope mines how you describe!! :)
Post a Comment