
I know it's been a while since I read my last book. Steph has been on me for weeks to read The Help but it was always checked out at the library so finally I just gave in and bought it. It took me a couple chapters to get into it since I've been super busy lately and I must admit I had to re-read some at the beginning since some of the chapters are written from the viewpoint of one of the maids and it's an adjustment reading the way she talks. But once I got to the sixth chapter I couldn't put it down and finished it in no time!
It definitely was a great book! It's a unique insight into the black maids living and working in the southern US during the early 60's.Very eye opening to how things use to be when my parents where growing up during the civil rights movement. I've seen a few of the different trailers for the movie which have choked me up a few times but look good and I'm looking forward to seeing the book in movie form
2 comments:
my favorite book! i loved it!! the movie is good- but as they all go, the image in your head is always better! plus, how could you make a movie out of such a complex and interesting book?! glad you enjoyed it!
Loved this book...couldn't put it down and once I finished, found myself still wondering what was happening to Minny and Aibeleen!
Post a Comment