Thursday, November 17, 2011

Goodbyes

Yesterday afternoon a great man passed away....my grandfather.

Ninety six years of greatness to be exact! I'm grateful for the time we had with him. Although I wish I could have seen him one last time I'm thankful I saw him Sunday. I got the chance to talk to him, hold his hands, tell him I loved him and say goodbye. I'm grateful everyone was able to see him and say their goodbyes. Heavens a little brighter now that he's there. I'm extremely sad to miss his funeral that will be held next week and see many family members we don't get the chance to see very often. But I'll be thinking about him while we're away and will visit him once we return.


"There are no good-byes,
where ever we are,
 you are always in my heart"

3 comments:

Tim said...

So sorry for your loss Brenda, thinking and praying for all of you!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I am really sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings...Mary

Hannah S. said...

So sorry, B. Thinking of you. Sounds like he had a very full life!