Monday, November 14, 2011

A little bit of everything

The last week and half has been so busy and exhausting and with lots of updates. I normally would do separate posts but instead I'm just going to recap the month so far since there is so much going on.

On the Birthday front - I celebrated my 29th birthday last week. I am officially in my last year of my 20's!!!{tear} I think I say this every year but it seriously doesn't seem possible that I am almost 30! How time flies. Dave's parents took us to brunch at Granite City last Sunday. It was delicious. Then last Monday night Dave celebrated my birthday by renting me "Water for Elephants" and ording Happy Joe's pizza with Cherry Pepsi. He did everything, including taking care of the dogs all nights (he wouldn't even let me off the couch!!). It was nice and relaxing....and I of course I loved the movie, it stayed close to the book and Robert Pattinson isn't too bad to look at either ;)

On the work front - Tuesday I only worked a half day then was off to Chicago for a 2 day workshop. I went with one other girl I work with. We drove to Princeton, IL then took the Amtrak to Union Station in Chicago. It was a pretty interesting experience and now I get to cross one more thing of my 101 list, yay! We rode the train back Thursday night, it went by really fast and was super cheap. Round trip was maybe half of what I pay for one tank of gas!! I still have my BIG project I'm working on at work but will be finishing it up Thursday. Ohh how I cannot wait to be finished with it!

On the Baby Front - I know I said I wouldn't talk about it but this is just an update so it doesn't count, right?! :) Today and last Monday for acu I got needles in all my fertility points and have been wearing little "stickies" after each visit. The "stickies" are just little flesh colored bandage like stickers with a metal ball in them that are placed at certain points on your body. They are suppose to stimulate those points to keep the energy flowing. I've been getting them every once in awhile but these last two visits I've been getting more. I wear them till they fall off, which is about 4 days. I talked to one of the RE nurse's today and she had me schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. F later this week to talk to him about some additional testing we can do since we've have 3 m/c now. They most likely will be genetic testing and blood clotting, not sure what else at this point.

On the Grandpa Front - Things aren't looking good. The stroke was pretty severe causing paralysis in his right side making him unable to walk, move his right hand and has no feeling in his throat therefore unable to swallow and needing a feeding tube. Fortunately his brain is so sharp that he still recognized family and was able to say names, although it is getting harder to understand him. He still has his sense of humor, making jokes and pretending to forget my grandma and her name (he really was joking around). He knows wants going on, what happened to him and understands what would be needed to help him get better but he wants a better quality of life then being hooked up to machines for more time, which I don't blame him. As my grandpa wishes, nature will take its course. Today he was moved out of ICU to a private room in which he can be more comfortable and be surrounded by family. Now we wait and pray he gets the peace that he wants. I hope to be able to go back up to see him again tomorrow.  

On the Vaca front: It's almost here!!! Almost time to start packing!!

2 comments:

Monica Johnson said...

Thanks for the updates B! Can't wait to see you when I'm back for Christmas :)

Tim said...

We heard about your Grandpa last week, I am so sorry Brenda. Unfortunately I have been in your shoes and it is never easy. Just cherish the time you do have and all the happy memories. Have a wonderful time on your trip, what a perfect time of year to get off to a warmer climate!!