Since there was a small snow storm Friday, Dave ran to the grocery store to get some snacks and dinner before I got off work. Then picked up a few movies for us to have a movie/date night at home. Saturday, he took me shopping. We went to lunch then stopped buy Babies 'R Us to look at furniture and every thing else they had, it was a tad bit overwhelming thinking we're going to have go through all that stuff in the next few months. I finally got my new vacuum. Then we went to the bookstore to pick up a baby name book and Dave wanted a book for himself, he got "What to expect when your wife is pregnant". He then took me to look at maternity clothes in which I found some clearance items at Old Navy and then some extra leggings and a shirt for the spring at TJ Maxx.
We both went through the baby names book and compiled a list. Surprisingly our girl list is now narrowed down to our top 3 favs. As for our boy names, this is going to be very hard to agree upon!!! I'm extremely picky and really don't want something that is really popular, nor do I want something crazy or weird spelling. However we did agree once we figure out our names, we're not telling. I never understood what the big deal was about telling until recently. EVERYONE has an opinion!!! Even the guy at the bookstore. A complete stranger!! He told us not to name our child with two of the same names, why the hell would I ever name my child Dexter Dexter?!?!?!? Umm No! Because he went to school with someone names Robert Roberts and Edward Edwardson, he could see us using Dexter as a first name too. If a stranger has an opinion on the name of my unborn child I definitely don't want to hear friends or family tearing my favorite names apart when I already have a very narrow list of what I like.....Rant over! :)
It was a pretty eventful weekend!! I LOVE terrific lady day ;)
How Far Along: Today is 11 weeks!
How Big is Baby?

Baby's now the size of a lime! (more like a kumquat!)Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 0 this week (+4 total)
Maternity Clothes: I broke down. I bought the BeBand from Target. I'm expanding, even if it is mostly due to all the eating and only a very tiny, tiny baby! It's mostly just my dress pants for work right now, I found out last week when I wore a pair that were already slightly tight pre-pregnancy that as the day goes by my belly gets bigger and my pants get tighter and tighter. To the point I have to unbutton them to be comfortable! So today was my first official day wearing it!!
Gender: We can't wait to find out! My feelings keep going back and forth almost daily. I think girl but it seems like in the majority of my dreams it's a boy, so that confuses me.
Movement: It is going to be awhile but this is what I am most looking forward to!
Sleep: Better this week. Still waking up multiple times a night for the bathroom but usually always fall back asleep rather quickly except for last night.
Belly button in or out? In.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: Still nothing. Although this week we ordered Hungry Hobo at work one day, it never tasted sooo good that I made Dave take me there Saturday too! So I guess we'll see if that one turns into anything. Today fruit started to sounds really good again. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick some up and hopefully I'll finally be able to start eating more healthy.
Aversions: The thought of ground hamburger still makes me grossed out. I tried to eat a piece of lasagna and only could get through half of it. But a cheeseburger still sounds just fine.
Symptoms: Multiple bathroom runs a day/night. Increased appetite. Decrease in nausea!!!
Best Moment this past week: Telling more friends and I told work! Went to Babies 'R Us to just look at furniture and the crap load of stuff they have. We started making a baby name list!!
Milestones: Buying maternity clothes on clearance. Finding both genders bedding.
What I'm looking forward to: 12 week ultrasound/appt and screening next week, I can't wait to see MJ!
2 comments:
I have a feeling I know the gender! :)
Me too! What do you think Tiff :)
Post a Comment