Monday, July 9, 2012

35/35


That's right we hit 35 weeks today meaning we have only 35 days to go till D-Day!!

I had my first prenatal massage on Friday. I must admit I have mixed emotions about it. It was definitely relaxing and felt great at the time but I was so sore the next morning! More so than the body aches I've been experiencing the last few weeks, I felt much worse. Plus my sciatic felt worse too. She mentioned I might want to visit my chiro again since its been a while since I've gone. She thinks my pelvis is out of line as well as one of my vertebrae, hence all my soreness.

I guess it also didn't help that all weekend I was on my feet in the kitchen preparing a bunch of freezer meals and I baked my last cake for my friend Megan's sons baptism. It's my last cake for any clients until the Fall, after baby is a couple months old and we've become old pros at this whole parenting thing :)  I know I've said it before but baking at 8 1/2 months pregnant is EXHAUSTING!!
How Far Along: 35 Weeks

How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a coconut! From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.
Maternity Clothes: Official grown out of my early maternity pants thanks to the constant swelling. Although I'm still able to rotate between maternity and some non-maternity shirts, skirts and dresses.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: They are getting much stronger, he is one powerful little man! They aren't just flutters or little rolls across the belly anymore, these are major karate chops to my lady parts, butt in my ribs and kicks that take my breath away.

Belly button in or out? I got a halfy! That means the turkey’s almost done right?!

What I miss: Nothing except sleeping comfortably.

Food Cravings: Soda, ICEE’s, Flava-ice, ice cream! Gotta keep cool somehow

Aversions: None.

Sleep: Finding a comfortable position to sit in, let alone sleep is sure becoming more of a challenge. My hands and legs tend to go numb and I usually feel pretty sore when getting up in the morning. I also have been waking up in the middle of the night and early morning to hip and pelvic pain. Aside from being uncomfortable I actually am sleeping fairly well. I usually fall right to sleep and easy fall back to sleep after getting up the multiple times.


Symptoms: Back pain, mainly at night. Swelling of my feet, ankles and legs but mostly on my right side. Full body aches. Being uncomfortable lying down, sitting on the couch (I need to prop pillows behind my back or my back hurts), and just going small mundane things I took for granted before like putting on socks or lotion on my feet, picking stuff up off the floor, carrying a laundry basket, . One large and in charge belly :)

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks daily. Some more uncomfortable than others.

Best Moment(s) this week: Making a ton of Freezer Meals which I will eventually be posting on my baking blog. Over the weekend I was able to accomplish poaching whole chickens to use all the meat in my recipes and with that made my own chicken broth!. Aside from that I make 12 breakfast sandwiches, 25 sausage breakfast burritos, 2 white chicken enchiladas, 2 beef enchiladas, 2 chicken pot pies, 1 chicken spaghetti casserole, and 2 meatloaves.

Milestones: Finished Child birth class


What I'm looking forward to: Being considered full-term...only 2 more weeks holy crap!

2 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

Yay for 35 weeks! ICEEs are the best, especially in this weather. Only a few more weeks to go, and then the real fun starts!

Jesica said...

Woohoo! I hit this milestone tomorrow. SO CLOSE TO THE END!!!