Sunday, October 28, 2012

Three Months


Happy 3 Months Madden!!




 It’s been a big month for both of us.

The biggest event that happened this month was mommy going back to work and you starting daycare. You've adjusted like a lil' champ! I ask you every morning if your excited to go to Miss Rachel's and play with your friends and you give me big smiles. We have yet to get a bad report on you (knock on wood). You've been such a good baby for Miss Rachael, I feel completely comfortable dropping you off each morning and know your in good hands. Although after I drop you off I really miss you being in the car with me :( I miss talking to you or singing whatever song is on the radio to you and watching you in the rear view mirror. I look forward to getting off work and home to you each night and especially snuggling you all weekend long!

You continue to become less of a newborn and more of an awake and social little person that is interested in everything I do. You follow me everywhere until you get distracted by a light or ceiling fan or the TV. Your head is constantly turning from side to side.

You recently started noticing the puppies so much more. When they are near you follow them all over the place or sit and stare at them. You've started chatting with your "friends" in your bouncy seat and I just think it's the cutest thing. You sit, stare at them and coo, sigh and squeal at them while moving your arms and legs like crazy.

Smiles are much more easy to come by these days, we don’t have to work quite so hard for them. You give me the biggest smiles every morning when I come in to wake you up, it just lights up your whole face and seriously melts my heart. I usually just let you lay in your crib a bit while I lean over to talk to you so I can get as many smiles as possible. It's the best way to start any ones day!


You love when daddy plays with you. He always is trying to steal your nose, you don't understand that yet but you love interacting with him. You follow him around too! Especially when you hear his deep voice you'll look around to find him. Daddy said he asked you if you liked the Chicago Cubs and you smiled, then he asked you if you likes the St. Louis Cardinals and you filled up you diaper!



You finally got to meet your Auntie Tiffany! She came in town at the beginning of October to meet you. She had the magic touch in getting you to sleep every time you saw her. I call her a little "baby whisperer" since after her first visit you sleep from 8pm - 6am with only waking up once to eat. And ever since you've been able to sleep like this most nights!!


Age: 3 months
Weight:  Update at 4 month appt
Length: Update at 4 month appt
Size: Fitting perfectly in clothes 3 months. A few Carter's pj's are getting pretty snug and wont last much longer! Still wearing some 0-3 months and now into 6 month too. Wearing both size 1 and 2 diapers. For cloth diapers: Pocket diapers smallest setting, Thirsties AIO size 1 on medium setting.
Hair: It's definitely lightened up to a light brown and thinned out a bit.
Teeth: Not yet!
Sleeping: Since starting daycare he's started sleeping like a little champ! Bedtime starts around 7-7:30pm, usually wakes up between 12-2 for a feeding then sleeps till around 6-7am, many times he'll wake up around 4 or 5am but will go back down till I go get him for the day.
Eating: Exclusively breast milk!
Movement: Lifting his head while on his tummy and pushing up with his arms. Able to hold his head up steady when being held or pulling him up to a sitting position. Grasping a rattle with his fingers when held to his hand. Holding his paci with the backs of his hands.
Milestones: Started daycare! Pushing up during tummy time. Hold head up steady. Talking!! Starting to bear weight on legs for a few seconds
Favorite Toys/Activities: Eating. Walks in the stroller. Car rides, he usually always falls asleep in the car but the last week or two he's started staying awake, content. Lights and ceiling fans. The T.V! His activity mat and bouncy seat. Staring at the stripes painted on his wall in the nursery and the hanging lanterns. Bath time with daddy! Chewing on his hands.
Dislikes: Being cold, being taken out of the bath to his towel and from the towel to the changing table for diaper and pj's. Not getting enough sleep but who can blame him no one like that!
Words & Sounds: He's making lots more noises this month. Cooing, sighing, saying ah-goo. Squealing. He's really trying to giggle out loud and will make some noises but not a true laugh just yet.

No comments: