Well Hello 2013!!
You sure came fast...guess that's not surprising since we couldn't wait for the first half of 2012 to be over so we could finally meet our handsome little man, then the next 3 months were a complete and utter blur with a newborn and dealing with mommy brain, and then the holiday's hit which of course always fly by.
So, yep that would explain it!
So here we are, the start of a new year.
2012 was a pretty damn great year, it's going to be hard to top with becoming new parents, the birth of our son, becoming an aunt again to a beautiful niece, and the arrival of all our friends' little miracle babies.
But I'm not gonna lie, I'm 99.5% sure this new year will give last year a run for its money! I so look forward to watching my little man learn, grow and develop each and every day. This year is going to be the year of a lot of firsts for all of us and I can't wait to witness it all. Life just keeps getting better with him!!
I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions. I don't stick to them. Usually they are just too vague to actually measure your success and too easy to fall of the wagon. Instead of making a resolution this year I decided I wanted to make goals to complete over the entire year. Things I want to do for myself... physically, mentally, personally. Things I want to do for my son and with him. And a few things for my family.
So, yep that would explain it!
So here we are, the start of a new year.
2012 was a pretty damn great year, it's going to be hard to top with becoming new parents, the birth of our son, becoming an aunt again to a beautiful niece, and the arrival of all our friends' little miracle babies.
But I'm not gonna lie, I'm 99.5% sure this new year will give last year a run for its money! I so look forward to watching my little man learn, grow and develop each and every day. This year is going to be the year of a lot of firsts for all of us and I can't wait to witness it all. Life just keeps getting better with him!!
I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions. I don't stick to them. Usually they are just too vague to actually measure your success and too easy to fall of the wagon. Instead of making a resolution this year I decided I wanted to make goals to complete over the entire year. Things I want to do for myself... physically, mentally, personally. Things I want to do for my son and with him. And a few things for my family.
Goals for Myself:
Lose last 10 lbs of baby weight
Lose an additional 10 lbs
Finish master’s degree
Complete the Couch to 5k program
Participate in a 5k race
Seasonal house cleaning – March, June, September, December
Make at least 4 things on my Baking Bucket List
Complete at least 1 Random Act of Kindness each month
Goals for MJ:
Get him Baptized
Take him to our local zoo
Take him to our local zoo
Sign up for baby swim classes
Make the majority of his baby food
Plan his 1st birthday party
Breastfeed till he's 1 year
(Start and) Complete his Baby book of his 1st year
Take him to the Children's Museum
Take him to the Children's Museum
Goals for My Family:
Make a Will
Decrease Dave’s student loan balance by half
Plan a family vacation/trip for 2013
Save a minimum of 10% of our income a month
Landscape the front yard
Go on family walks together weather permitting
Go on family walks together weather permitting
Discuss baby 2.0
Happy New Year!!
I hope this year finds you all happy, healthy, wealthy, and full of many blessings!!
1 comment:
I hate New Years resolutions, never keep them. I like your idea of setting goals though!
Post a Comment