I always start writing all these new posts, meaning to come back to finish them later that day or the next....and then almost a week or two later I have 5 unpublished and unfinished posts! Such a bad unorganized blogger I am.
Last week I had my first epic fail of the C25K.
Okay it really wasn't that bad. With Dave's busy baseball schedule I don't get many chances to go to the gym over a lunch break since I leave work early most days to pick the little guy up so he's not at daycare for 10 hours.
Monday I decided to take MJ back to the bike path to attempt my jog outside for week 7. This was my first run that I had to stop early to walk because I had already pushed myself as far as I could and could not for the life of me find anything more in me to go any further.
I did NOT make the 25 minutes jog for week 7.
I only made it 20 minutes.
I was pretty disappointed in myself when I stopped to walk. After a couple minutes I tried to finish but only made it 2 more minutes (when I got to the bottom of a hill) before being defeated by the elements.
Let's just make a note here that the last time I tried the C25K outside on the bike path with the jogging stroller and a 22 pound baby in with was back in week 3 or 4. So that is some significant differences in jogging amounts here. I think my longest jog time was 5 minute intervals in week 4....in week 7 it's 25 minutes.
That's a 20 minute difference in time!!!
Holy shitballs, now that I realize the difference, I guess I did pretty damn!
Jogging on the treadmill verses outside is totally different, outside is so much harder.
Wednesday I made it back to the gym in which I was able to fully complete Week 7 Day 2.
I actually felt pretty damn good the first half of the run and it didn't start getting really hard until about 3/4 way through.
Saturday I participate in my first 5K of the year, Race for the Cure!
I had thought about signing up for it weeks ago but didn't think I'd be ready for it just yet. And I wasn't just yet but decided to give it a try anyways with Kelsey. Since it's for a great cause and everything anyways it wouldn't really matter if I was ready, all that mattered was that we participated and supported the cause!
We got to the race within minutes of it starting so instead of running to get in line behind the starting line we just decided to wait at the beginning of that block (which was like 100 feet maybe, I don't really know distances, it was less than 1/2 a block) and jump in after all the competitive runners went by. So that's what we did.
Aside from the 1 minute I stopped to tie my shoe and 2 times I slowed down to grab water I jogged the entire first 2 miles!!!
Granted I felt like I was seriously going to ralph in the street before I got there but all I wanted to do was get to the turn around curve...it was much further than I thought it was but as soon as I saw it I just kept telling myself just to get there. Then of course as soon as I got there on the other side of the corner was the 2 mile marker so I made myself get to that sign before slowing down to walk. The last 1.1 mile I ran off and on. Stopped to walk two more times before finishing strong.
We finished the race just under 35 minutes, barely. ;)
I was of course completely exhausted and drained from the race that I could barely move the entire rest of the day. I even took a nap on the floor because I couldn't find the strength to get my ass up to the couch which was less than a foot away I might add.
Unfortunately the 30 Day Shred suffered last week and I only completed it 2 days. So I still have not yet gotten to day 3-0. I'm only counting the days I actually do it. BUT I do have other good news to share regarding all the hard work I've been doing....for that you'll have to wait until the end of the week though :)

No comments:
Post a Comment