Tomorrow starts a whole new month and a new challenge for myself!
Now that I've officially completed my long standing goal of finishing an entire 5K without walking, I've been thinking of what's next.
Now that I've officially completed my long standing goal of finishing an entire 5K without walking, I've been thinking of what's next.
What can I do to keep myself motivated to keep going?
I want to sign up for another 5K or two through the remainder of the year and complete those. I plan on continuing running outside around my neighborhood since it's definitely still a challenge for me with some of the hills.


As I was thinking about this earlier in the week I came across an article posted on Facebook by the Couch to 5k page about a 30 Day Challenge to Move One Mile A Day.
It can be anything...running, walking, riding a bike, swimming, hopping, jumping, rolling... you get the picture.
Anything to get your body moving forward at least one mile every day for 30 days. Of course you can go further some days if you want but the point is to go at least one mile minimum.
Just to move!
At first I thought this was absolutely ridiculous.
How in the world could I ever find time to do this every day for an entire month? I have a hard enough time trying to get 3 days in a week. But then I started thinking, there are a few times I don't have time to go for a 2.5+ mile run, like if MJ decided to stay up later than normal or because it's getting darker earlier or it's just too dang hot and humid out.
There have been days I decided just to get one mile in. I have a route at the end of my block that the street leads to a dead end. To the end of that road and back is just over a mile. I can run one mile in 9-12 minutes depending how I feel.
I can make time for 10 minutes!
Even if it's taking a quick walk for my lunch break. I can do that.
So tomorrow starts my 30 Day Challenge. Time to get moving!!

2 comments:
Good luck with your challenge. It sounds very doable!
Thanks Heather, I'm feeling good about it so far!
Post a Comment