Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cleanse Review

Last week I wrapped up the 10 day Advocare Cleanse.
Ten days seems like no big deal, until your in the middle of those ten days and can't drink your morning coffee...or have any chocolate... and everyone at work is eating out.
But then ten days is over is over in no time and you think that was no big deal.

Breakfast I had no problem with.
The first 3 days the fiber drink I didn't think was that bad, just gritty and thick.
Definitely took other peoples advice to drink it fast and follow up with at least another 8 ounces of water.
My typical breakfast everyday is one whole eye with 2 egg whites, a splash of almond milk, and a half slice cheese (Madden and I split it!). Sometimes I'll add turkey sausage, spinach or other veggies. For the cleanse I kept my typical breakfast but just skipped the cheese.

For lunch I planned ahead. I took time both Sundays to prepare and prep my lunches for the entire week. I portioned and weighed out all my food. Lunches consisted of 6 ounces of baked chicken breast and 1 cup of roasted or cooked vegetables which surprising was really filling. I kept with my mid-morning snacks to my Quest bars and my afternoon snack was an orange or apple with PB2.

Dinner and being home was much harder. Making Dave and MJ dinner then making sure to sticking with my cleanse diet was much more tricky, especially with a pantry fill of chips and girl scout cookies. For dinner I alternated between homemade chili or lime quinoa with black beans, corn and veggies or baked chicken/salmon with veggies.

 In place of coffee I drank grape Spark first thing in the morning at work and again in the afternoon. As well as a crap ton of water, over 100 ounces per day. It wasn't until the last 3 days the fiber drink sucked! I also suggest as soon as you mix it with water to drink in ASAP, if you let it set for even a few minutes it gets thicker and thicker....which makes it even harder to get down.

Even with the Spark, I never felt like I had more energy than before. I really missed my morning coffee!!  However overall I felt great. No bloat. No water weight. Trim and lean. It wasn't easy but it was definitely doable and I would do the cleanse again.

My results...
Starting weight at Day 1: 140.2
Ending weight Day 11: 137.2
Overall for inches I lost -3.75 inches. 

No comments: