I've had spaghetti squash on my list to try for some time now. Honestly, I've been a little bit scared to knowing it could in now way taste indeed like spaghetti and that I'm not a huge fan of squash in general.
I see recipes for it everywhere.
I found a few recipes on Pinterest for a while that I actually thought sounded good, so I picked up a squash at the grocery store a few days ago and last night finally cracked it open!
My first choice, Baked Margherita Spaghetti Squash.
There's not much to the recipe, which makes it super easy to follow and relatively fast to through together.
Although the recipe doesn't call for much cheese, I added an extra 1/4 cup. For my first try with spaghetti squash, I'm a fan! Definitely loved the fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and saltiness of the mozzarella cheese together. I will make this again and try another recipe!
Baked Margherita Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:![]() |
| Source |
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 1/4 cup on each halve, I like it a bit more cheesy!)
- 1 tsp. each salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Place the squash, open side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, check to see if the squash is soft and easily comes up with a fork into a spaghetti like texture. If it’s too hard to remove, cook for another 10 minutes. Once soft, remove from the oven, scrape and fluff the squash with a fork which will look like spaghetti noodles.
Turn the oven up to broil. Add the tomatoes and basil into the squash, stir and top with the mozzarella cheese. Place in the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving the squash.
Madden has followed in his mothers footsteps with a major sweet tooth. Hence why he asks for "cookies" for breakfast :/
Instead of making a big batch of butter and sugar fill cookies I found this SkinnyTaste recipe for a somewhat "healthier" cookie alternative. They are still loaded with delicious chocolate chips and some sugar but not white flour, butter or egg yolks so I'm calling it a win.
These are flight, fluffy and chocolaty delicious. I could definitely probably still each the entire batch like a regular batch of chocolate chip cookies but I haven't yet!
![]() |
| Sorry for the crappy blurry picture, it was the only one I took. Source |
SkinnyTaste Chocolate Chip Clouds
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with nonstick silicone pad. Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy. Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 to 32 cookies. Bake 34 to 40 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.
![]() |
| Madden Approved! |



No comments:
Post a Comment