Monday, April 14, 2014

Cauliflower pizza crust

Has anyone else tried jumping on the cauliflower crust band wagoon yet?
?!?!
I've seen a couple people post how they LOVED this so I thought to give it a try.
I looked at this recipe and this recipe.
 

The hardest part was "ricing" the cauliflower in my food processor. Hint: do it in batches! I overstuffed my processor and couldn't get it to go no matter how much I moved it around. I did 1 head of cauliflower in about 3-4 seperate batches. 
Madden actually ate a piece, crust included. I call that winning!
 However I couldn't slip it past the husband :( whomp whomp whomp.
It didn't help that he smelled the cauliflower beforehand and said how much he dislikes cooked cauliflower, he'll only eat it raw covered in ranch dressing. I didn't tell him about the crust until he was already eating it and he gave me this "what do I taste" look, then refused to even try it once he knew. He's soo picky it drives me crazy!!

 
I didn't hate it but it's definitely not like a regular crispy crust. Mine was a bit soggy.
Though I didn't love it I do plan on making it again and trying to get out more water along with cooking the crust a bit longer to see if I can make it more crispy.  
We'll see how round two goes.

1 comment:

Makenzie said...

We weren't fans. So much work- and it stuck to the pan that it didn't real seem like a pizza. Good luck on round 2!!

I did sub it for potato in a potato soup and thought that was awesome!! But I like cauliflower ;-)