Last night I came home from work, immediately started cooking dinner and changed into my workout gear.
While the little one was busy eating at his little person table, this mama tried sneaking out of the house to get in a quick run outside. It was actually a really nice evening even aside from the crazy wind and the less than stellar Spring weather we have been having.
So I had to jump at the chase to get outside for a few minutes.
I love when I start out only planning to run 1, maybe 2 miles.
Then something happens, and I change my mind.
This time there was someone walking there giant dog on the side of the road I needed to cross to take my short route, but I didn't want to sneak up behind them so I stayed on the other side.
Then traffic was too busy to cross, so I kept going straight.
So I decided to push myself in going a route I haven't ran in 8 months.
BUT when the time came to end at home, inside I pushed myself to the end of our block and back.
That's when something happened.
Something I've never done before.
I ran the furthest I've ever ran before, by an entire MILE!
AND I DIDN'T DIE!!!
There's a Non-Scale Victory to Celebrate :)

No comments:
Post a Comment