Monday, June 23, 2014

Micro Brew Mile

This weekend consisted of mainly two things: running and beer.
Those totally go together, right?!

We has the Inaugural Micro Brew Mile & 6k just across the river. There were about 6-7 local and somewhat local micro breweries that all sponsored the race. Who doesn't want free beer and food to be included after a good workout? It definitely got Dave's attention and I got him to sign up with me. The after party included some great music by a local country cover band, Cody Road.

I actually only signed up for the 6k portion of the race but participated in both.
I thought that if I might attempt to participate in the Bix Race at the end of July I better start getting my butt in gear and upping my game...although it might be a little too late for that.

I ran the 1 mile, in 8:53. Which is pretty darn good for me, especially with a crap 3/4 of the mile. Dave actually ran the 1 mile also...for the beer of course, he finished in 7:06.
After the 1 mile there was a break with the competitive divisions, I was able to rest for over an hour before the 6k started.

That 3.73 miles was hard as hell!
I thought that with doing Race for the Cure last Saturday with no problem I would totally be able to run this with no problems.
I was wrong.
Not sure if it was the time of day, the humidity, what i did/didn't eat, or what the deal was. 
I really did everything I could to push myself, the last 1/2 mile at the turnaround was up a small hill and that's what got me. I think anyone could have walked faster than what I was "running". I ended up walking up the end of the hill, granted it was only 1 minute but I walked so I'm a bit disappointed. As soon as I turned that corner and could see the finish like though, I was able to make myself run again.

Finished the 6K in 39:40.

That was completely exhausting! Yesterday was a full on recovery day, I didn't even attempt to make my Fitbit steps of 10,000...I barely got half, opps. There goes my 10,000 everyday for the month :-/


No comments: