Not sure who was more excited for MJ's first trip to Disney on Ice, Madden himself or Dave. (Actually I do, it was definitely daddy!)
As soon as Dave found out Disney on Ice was heading to town he immediately picked up tickets. Madden has recently become OBSESSED with all things Toy Story so it turned out perfect that included in the show would be Cars, Little Mermaid, Tinkerbell and Toy Story!
Dave went a "little" overboard with the spending. He was definitely Disney's target audience because as soon as we got there he had to buy something. Madden got an snow cone in a pretty cool Woody cup, a bag of cotton candy with a Lightening McQueen hat, and a Buzz Lightyear action figure. Can we say two year old sugar high ;)
Madden did so good at the show, which was 2 full hours. He loved seeing Mickey and Minnie Mouse and Lightening McQueen. The entire second half of the show was just Toy Story and he didn't take his eyes off Woody or Buzz that entire time, completely in awe!
Sunday we took a short trip to the North Pole (aka the mall) to visit Santa.
The last two years he could have cares less. Last year he would only stand by him and that wasn't for long before he beelined straight back to me.
![]() |
| Left picture: 5 months old, Right picture 17 months old |
Since MJ takes a little time warming up when we go some place new and a little leery of strangers, I was fully prepared to have that kid to go nowhere near Santa or cry once I forced him to sit on his lap. To my complete surprise it was neither!!
Before we even left I asked him if he wanted to go see Santa and he said yes. I took that a ran with it. I did my best to try to get him excited from then on by being super excited myself.
On our way to the mall I kept asking him who we were going to see and acting so pumped for him.
We waited 15 minutes for the North Pole to open, then another 20 minutes in line for our turn so it was super hard to keep that momentum going, especially when he just wanted to go play.
Once we finally got up to where we could see Santa and only had 2 or 3 kids in front of us, Madden yelled "SANTA!!!" waving and flapping his arms/legs in excitement. As soon it was out turn and I got him out of the stroller he ran straight to Santa's arms and gave him a huge hug! He sat on him lap with no problem, asked for "Buzz Likyer" for Christmas, and even said "Ho Ho Ho". He got off his lap, gave Santa a high five then told him bye. The sweetest thing!


1 comment:
So sweet that he loved Santa!!! And I just love his Lightning McQueen hat! :)
Post a Comment