Ahhhh the topic of baby number two.
I don't know how many times I've thought about or attempted to write about this topic.
Since MJ was born, I think I've been asked well over a hundred times if and when we'll be having more kids. Or even told that Madden needs a sister (by people that aren't friends or family no less)! It's a topic of conversation I've kind of tried to avoid, given our history. I'm afraid of jinxing myself, a repeat of our past, and all the emotions that come with it. But I think I've put off talking about this topic long enough and frankly tired of not sharing or opening up, given that's what this blog is here for.
It feels like forever ago, yet like just yesterday all at the same time since we were going through our roller coaster ride of infertility and multiple miscarriages. We have the most beautiful, energetic, cuddly, and hilarious 2 year old. I am extremely grateful for having him in my life. He was most definitely worth everything we went through.
Do we want to have more kids? Absolutely!
How many kids do we want? We both are hoping for two, or even three but we'll see as we go.
Of course Dave and I have had the conversation, multiple times. He was ready to get started trying for number two shortly after MJ turned 6 months, after the insomnia of the newborn stage slipped from memory and he was sleeping though the night. We agreed to try to wait until MJ was closer to turning one. Although I would have been perfectly okay having kids that close apart, I don't think I was ready to get pregnant that soon.
So here we are, now with a two-year old on our hands. Yes we unofficially started trying just before MJ turned one to see what happens and would revisit things later on if nothing happened. I've actual had absolutely ZERO desire to track cycles, take temperatures, OPK, take pregnancy tests, or go back to the doctor. Once it hit a year I finally stocked up on OPK's off Amazon but still held off using them until just a few months ago. Even though I've been keeping track of when I ovulate we still are pretty casual about trying to get pregnant.
For now I think we're going to give it a couple more months. Of course I think it will take just as long this time as it did to get pregnant with Madden. At this point I want to try a few other things before considering going back to the doctor or going on any fertility meds. I thought about giving acupuncture another try on its own. Since I did get pregnant twice within the 4 months of doing it, although I was also on and off Clomid and in-between IUI's. But I'm interested to see what results we could get alone. I also am considering doing doTerra's essential oil routine for infertility. It's a natural way to balance your body and hormones. I was introduced to the oils last October and have been learning so much about essential oils over the past year, which most recently I have really started to get into and use on a daily basis.
Whichever path I/we decide, I will definitely be sharing from here on out.
No comments:
Post a Comment