Adding a back splash in our kitchen has been on my To Do List and list of Goals for quite some time now.....quite possibly since we moved in after building :/ I finally took matters into my own hands and got the job done this Spring! Sometimes a girl just needs to do things herself in order to get things done :)
![]() |
| Here is the Before picture |
I wanted a back splash that I could actually do myself and didn't have to purchase five thousand supplies that I would probably only use once AND that was dumbie proof, if possible. No ten billion tile pieces. No special cutting equipment. No grout. No special grout tools. No mess and no messy cleanup. Really no special skills needed. :)
I had looked online for awhile and walked through the kitchen section of the hardware stores a few times looking at ideas. Then decided on these Fasade panels. They are faux tin tile panels, aka plastic!! When I saw them on sale I went for it and bought them and decided right then and there this project was getting done.
![]() |
| My handy helper, along with diaper crack! |
After doing all my measuring I only needed 7 panels. I decided to go with the Oil-rubbed Bronze since the majority of all our hardware throughout the house is oil-rubbed bronze and it was my fave out of all the options. I also purchased 1 end piece, 1 corner piece, and 2 rolls of the double sided tape in lieu of the caulk. I was able to cut the panels after measuring and marking off my cuts with kitchen scissors. I watched a tutorial or two on-line and that was it. It was that easy! Took me only a couple hours and I completely finished the project in one evening.
![]() |
| After picture with finished back splash. |
I love how it turned out! It definitely makes the kitchen feel finished. Plus it is so much easier to clean any baking splatters or mishaps off than scrubbing it off the paint.





No comments:
Post a Comment