Monday, January 25, 2016

21 Day Fix Week 2

Week 2 is in the books!


I’m trying to get my workouts in before the kiddos get up in the morning but it doesn’t always happen. Luckily Miss Harper typically likes to sleep in till 8/9:00am and I can let MJ sleep in on Tuesday/Thursdays as they are non-daycare days right now. Nap time is hit or miss with little miss thang. There have been a few days I didn’t get up early enough to workout and I get interrupted multiple times but thankfully the workouts are mom friendly and I can pick up right where I left off.  


This week, starting the workouts over, I definitely am feeling stronger than last!  It’s crazy how much of a difference I feel in just one week. 

This week I cooked a few chicken breast in the crockpot to keep on hand for meals. My favorite was my "Chipolte salad" which included mixed greens, brown rice, shredded chicken, 21DF approved creamy avocado dressing, and a little salsa. Totally hit the spot and filled that Chipolte craving. This plan has also gotten me to try out almond butter and I gotta say I am a huge fan! So yummy on a banana, with apple slices or in with my Shakeology.

Clockwise from Top Left: Steak with mushrooms, peppers, and blue cheese serves with sweet potato with cinnamon and raw veggies; 2 eggs on whole wheat toast with avocado; whole wheat waffle with peanut butter, turkey bacon and cuties; banana with almond butter and coffee; taco salad.
Then pizza happened again.

We had an impromptu lunch date with the in-laws at Happy Joe's Jungle Bungle so MJ could run off some energy. Thankfully you are allowed pizza to swap out a meal with once a week.

Saturday night Dave and I had a much needed/delayed date night out with dinner and a movie. We went to dinner at Tantra which is Asian Fusion, it is really delicious fresh food. I had a Ginger Beef Stir Fry with brown rice AND a glass of wine (which is also allowed on the eating plan!). It was the perfect amount of food and I didn't feel overly full or heavy from the food. So good! We saw the movie Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler (highly recommend, seriously funny!) and we skipped the popcorn :)

No comments: