Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mixed Feelings

Well there has been a whirlwind of things happening in the last week. First off, I apologize for not writing for a week. We have been struggling to get our Internet hooked up and have been waiting for our provider for 2 months to get it all taken care of. Apparently the Internet cable lines had never been hooked up to the house nor even buried!! SO for the last 2 months we have been waiting patiently for that to get done. Today they finally came and hooked everything up in the house (after 3 hours of course), so we FINALLY have Internet and are now connected to the world again!

Than how did I get on-line for the last 3 months you ask? From work. And why can't you still get on from work you ask? Well..... I unfortunately have the sad news to say I have become a statistic and have joined the unemployment world. Last Wednesday our regional VP came to visit and had a little meeting with all of us, and let me say in the 2 years of me working at the company, we have never had a meeting before with him. For the last couple weeks, we all kinda had a feeling something was going to happen but never thought it was going to be to the extend. My company made the decision to close our office which was effective immediately. So last week was my last week of work! I didn't love my job, but it was a job and I was happy I had one. Unfortunately it had to end, but I think things happen for a reason and when one door closes, another will open. So I am optimistic! I feel that much better and brighter things are in store for me and awaiting me. And I am more than happy to welcome whatever God has in store for me.

The good thing that came out of last week was that I had the rest of last week to study, study, study! And boy did I ever. I had a big paper and huge test all on Monday. So from Wednesday afternoon through Monday evening, all I did was study and write my 18-page paper. I was so tired and burnt out from study by time I got home from my test Monday night, I passed out on the couch with a nice BIG glass of wine. Tuesday was the first day I could actually try to enjoy my "time off". But now the job hunt will begin...

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I can't believe that! I am very sad to hear the news, but everything happens for a reason. Keep your head up sis!

Tiffany said...

BRENDA! You never said anything! I'm very sorry...but I see that it hasn't gotten you down! You are optimistic and are seeing this as a positive instead of a negative! I'm very proud of you and I know that something great will come your way dear!

Love you!