Tuesday, October 6, 2009

They Do Exsist!

A week or so ago, I wrote a post about hearing coyotes in my neighborhood. Since then, I've been on the lookout for some more evidence that they are in the area. It's one thing to hear them but it's another thing to see them. So last night I was on my way home from my night class, driving down the Interstate. I had just crossed over the bridge into the Iowa side, when I saw two animals starting to run up the hill onto the side of the road about a half mile up or so. At first I thought they were deer but they were too small and their bodies were much closer to the ground. As I got closer they started to run across my side of the road. One stopped in the middle of the road and the other stopped on the side, but only for a second. I flashed my lights at them to one, get them to get out of the road and two, to warn the cars on the opposite side, just as they darted for the median and ran across the other side of the Interstate into the brush. Now I didn't get that good look at them as it was dark and it all happened very fast. However, I know they were either foxes or coyotes!! They had longer hair, long snouts, pointy ears,bushy tails and ran very swiftly. So I checked out the Iowa DNR's website and both coyotes and gray fox are native to the area. After reading the descriptions for both, I'm fairly certain the two animals I saw were indeed coyotes!!! I am now very happy that I actually got to see with my own eyes that they are around our area, but at the same time I am very worried for my little puppies at home and will have to be extra careful at night when they go out.

It could happen...Hello....Jessica Simpson's dog snatched by coyote just last month! I would be devesated it that happened to me, I can't image that happening right in front of your eyes and not being able to do anything about it.

(People.com) -- Jessica Simpson's beloved maltipoo Daisy was grabbed by a wild coyote that then vanished with the small dog, the singer wrote via Twitter Monday night. Jessica Simpson has created posters with Daisy's image offering a reward for the lost dog."My heart is broken because a coyote took my precious Daisy right in front of our eyes. HORROR!" she Tweeted.>The message, which also offered a reward, asked that anyone with information about the caramel-colored pup e-mail this address, findingmissdaisy@gmail.com. A slew of followers left messages for Simpson on Twitter. "I'm praying that you find her and she was able to defend herself. My heart hurts for you, I'm an animal lover and it's like losing a family member," wrote @healincomfort. "Pooor thing :( I hope you can find her- I cant believe it," wrote @barbshadow. Simpson, 29, has offered a reward to anyone who can reunite her with her 5-year-old, caramel-colored dog

No comments: