Sunday, October 31, 2010

Costume Time

This year I decided I wanted to go as Katy Perry from her "California Gurls" video (shown in my previous post). To make this happen I needed to be a little creative and crafty! The major project was making the cupcake bikini top which I adapted into a cupcake corset.
Outfit includes: Blue wig, corset, jean shorts, California tan in a bottle, and the making of the cupcakes...
Yes I used Boobie Danglers from Spencer gifts as my cupcake base!!! For the frosting I mixed light weight air drying modeling clay (the kind pictured didn't work so I actually I had to go find another kind) with tacky glue and them added pink color paint. It was suppose to turn into a whipped cream substance that I could pipe with a frosting tip and pastry bag but it didn't really work out that way. However I kept working with it and ended up with....
This! The nipples are the cherries :)
I had to let them dry for 24 hours then I added sprinkles and hot glued ribbon around them as the paper cups. I tried to Velcro them to the corset but they were a little too heavy so I added a couple safety pins and it works! The final product to come...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

uhh...nice booby danglers...HAHAHA!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.