Thursday, October 7, 2010

NAMI

Last weekend I participated in the NAMI walk. For those of you who don't know that NAMI stands for (as I didn't before two weeks ago) it's the National Awareness for Mental Illness walk which takes place all over the country on one day. It was a 3 mile walk which both kids and dogs were welcome, so of course I brought my furbabies! My co-worker made a team for us however there were only a couple of use that participated in it even though it was free but donations were welcome. It was a beautiful day last Saturday, a little chilly in the morning and down around the river but just enough that you can suck it up for good cause! Now goal #97 is in progress as I actually got to partake in the race, (Race for the Cure got rained out and canceled due to lightening). Now that you know the 1st weekend in October with Mental Illness Awareness week, you can look up where your local walk is held and participate next year!

No comments: