So what now? Well as we inch closer to the 2 year mark (has it really almost been that long?) it seems the odds keep stacking against us. I mean each month that goes by it feels like our odds just keep going down more and more. Every month that goes by is an emotional roller coaster that you relive over and over again but each month is just a little worse than the last, even when you have no expectations of it actually happening that month it's still a disappointment to be reassure that in fact no you are not pregnant. And I thought it was mainly just me going through the roller coaster since I deal with it everyday (basal temp, CM, OPK) but it's just as hard on Dave. He's just as frustrated with the whole thing than I am. He doesn't understand why it seems like every other person we know has a baby or is pregnant, seems like almost every day someone else is announcing their pregnant or on to their second or third! He told me he wants to be a dad more than anything, now how heartbreaking is that!!
So now maybe it's time to call upon the professionals. I wanted to call our doctors office last month to set up an appointment for both us to go through the fertility tests just to make sure everything is good with both of us but Dave wanted to wait one more month. He really thought last month would be our month, but then again we thought that about the previously month before that too. Now that last month was another failure I get my way. However I wish I had called last month because first I have to schedule a consultation, which because my doctors office is so busy takes 3 weeks to get in. At the consultation they talk with you and figure out what all testing should be done and THEN you can schedule an appointment, which I'm sure will be another 3 weeks plus extra time to get all the results back. So really we won't find anything out for another 2 months!! TWO MONTHS! Hey, maybe now that I called and set up an appointment I'll get knocked up! Wouldn't that just be our luck! It did work that way the first time, but if it does this time I'll gladly take it!
4 comments:
I could have written this post myself a couple years back. We tried 2 years for Mia. I remember taking my temps, CM, OPK, eating Pineapple Core, calling Josh to come home because it was "time". Man, it feels like yesterday. Let me just tell you I know your pain, I felt it, and even though we have our babies, I will NEVER forget the pain. Let me know if you ever need to talk/vent. Thinking of you and praying for your miracle.
I don't believe in those ferility statues either. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping God will bless you with your baby.
Thinking of you all the time Brenda and waiting for that "BIG" announcement! It will come and I think it will be soon! Much love to you and Dave!!
Tracy
Thinking of you two sweetie! I know you'll figure it all out...just be patient and keep positive! Call me if you need anything at all!
Post a Comment